Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaking shower

• 08-02-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

There is water coming through ceiling in the kitchen in my house,directly below the en suite shower so it's obviously leaking.would it be a big job to get this repaired,could tackle it myself?
    Or would I be better off getting someone to have a look at it,how much should I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Check the seal where the tile meets the tray, it may have lifted if it's just silicone, often the cause of a leak.

stand in the shower as you check and see if you can see movement of the tray, you shouldn't, look along the joint line for openings as you stand around the tray.

if it's the silicone clean it all out with a stanley before redoing it.
    search on you tube for a demo using masking tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

If it is your trap thats leaking then your insurance company will pay.

If its the silicone seal they will not.

If you need advise in dealing with them, give me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you're not sure where to start to have this repaired, then you may be as well off getting a professional in to do this.

Advertisement