Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magid Eye Installation.

• 08-02-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭

I got a magic eye and installed it no problem (and discovering that I could sent the sky programme i'm viewing on the other tv by simply plugging the coax into the rf-out socket!)

My problem is, there is no power in the magic eye led, connected to the second tv, so I can't change channels by remote on the second tv. The rf setting on the receiver is on and i've checked the magic eye by plugging it into the receiver directly.

The coaxial cable is joined in the attic by y-splitters (if that's the right name)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

make sure it is connected to RF2 and not 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Yep. Just double checked.

Have multi room and rf output is on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

The Y splitters in the attic are probably not passing the DC to the magic eye. You need to ensure that any splitters are passing the current.

Yep. Checked that, but thanks. Any suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

You may have a short in the cable either at the connector in the attic or at the TV end. A wisp of braid touching the centre conductor may be shorting the direct current from RF2 on the Sky box. Alternatively there may be a disconnection of the shield or braid at one of the cable ends which is still allowing RF to pass but not DC.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Looks like i'll have to check the connections. The story of my life, eh? Fumbling around in the dark to keep my wife happy.

As usual, the tech forum users are knowledgeable and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Services, 4-0-1 SELECT, RF, Channel: 38, Power: On. Save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

deadwood wrote: »
    I got a magic eye and installed it no problem (and discovering that I could sent the sky programme i'm viewing on the other tv by simply plugging the coax into the rf-out socket!)

My problem is, there is no power in the magic eye led, connected to the second tv, so I can't change channels by remote on the second tv. The rf setting on the receiver is on and i've checked the magic eye by plugging it into the receiver directly.

The coaxial cable is joined in the attic by y-splitters (if that's the right name)

Any ideas?

Is there a socket on the wall where you plug your tv into? I had to bypass the socket and join the cables as the back on the plug would not allow the power transfer through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Services, 0-0-1 SELECT, RF, Channel: 38, Power: On. Save

Use this code to get into installers menu and turn on rf power in most sky HD boxes! Just did it today myself i was trying to use the old code and nothing was happening so googled it and found code had changed for hd boxes.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

the splitter has to be power pass only in one exit, the one with the magic eye.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement