Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY Advice Please

• 08-02-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello All,

Can anyone explain this for me.

Standard SKY HD+ setup in one room, two cables working.

Quad LNB on dish.

Ran two cables from dish to another room and connected to standard sky box.

No signal from either cable.

Removed cables and reinstalled one better quality co-ax connected to standard sky box still no signal.

Connected SKY HD+ box to new cable still no signal.

Reset transponder information to force signal and no signal found.

Dish has not moved , checked again today with satfinder.

Existing cables swapped onto different connectors at LNB signal works.

Can anybody explain why i cannot get a signal at the standard sky box.

I am trying to get a freesat setup installed.

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bad connections

- Bad Cable - youve checked
    - Bad Satt Connectors - have you checked
    - LNB is goosed - quite common
    - make sure standard box works on other cables where HD box is also to confirm operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lamps and Lighting

HI Lister

All connections been checked and replaced, new cable installed with new connectors, all posible combination of swaps using exisitng twin cables to other ports on lnb , anythign like that has been done.

What i mean is that when i move the two old connections at the lnb to the two connections that were not in use the service still works.

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

You've eliminated the LNB and the receiver as being the source of the problem. The remaining issue is the cabling. There must be a short where the cable braid is touching the inner conductor or there is a break in the cable somewhere. Have you checked for a short in the cable using an ohmmeter or a break in the cable if you deliberately short one end of the cable at the F plug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So the LNB works then, as you appear to have tested all 4 outputs

But can you confirm the standard box works. Does it work when swapped with the HD box, If not then the box is the issue.

Hi Lister

The standard sky box works on either of the two cables i currently have connected to my HD box.

These cables have also been unscrewed at the LNB and reattached to the lnb using the unused ports on the LNB and the signals are perfect.

When i put the HD box on the new cable i get no signal.

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions.

I knew that something simple was wrong so i checked the connection the installer made today to the f connector and he had not pushed the connector all the way home.

So when it was screwed into the sky box the copper was to short to make a connection.

Redid it myself and now we have Sky Freesat.

Paul

Advertisement