Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gray & Keys back in the game....

• 08-02-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Signed to Talksport, 3 hour daily radio show.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5123/6/keys-and-gray-sign-talksport
    wrote:
    Richard Keys and Andy Gray are set to make a sensational return to British broadcasting on talkSPORT.

The former Sky Sports presenter and commentator will make their debuts on the UK's only national commercial speech station on Monday, Febraury 14 and will host a new daily show every weekday between 10am-1pm.

Richard Keys began his career in radio as a sports editor on Piccadilly Radio. Since 1992 he has been presenting on Sky Sports and fronted more than 1,000 games for the broadcaster.

He said: “This is the start of something new and exciting for Andy and myself. We are delighted to be joining the talkSPORT family and can't wait to get going.”

Andy Gray had an illustrious playing career for Aston Villa, Wolves and Everton, and won 20 caps for Scotland during his career.

He has been in broadcasting for nearly 20 years and is no stranger to radio as he was a match summariser for Talk Radio at the World Cup in France in 1998, and for Five Live at the Japan/South Korea World Cup in 2002.Gray said: “I can't tell you how excited I am about joining the talkSPORT team. It’s an ideal opportunity for Richard and me to do what we do best, and that’s talk about sport.”

talkSPORT enjoyed a huge increase in audience and listening hours in the recent RAJARs, with an audience that now stands at over three million for the first time and hours at a record of 24.5 million.

Moz Dee, talkSPORT programme director said: “This is great news for talkSPORT and we're very excited about the new programme and these additions to our strengthening line-up.

"Andy and Richard are iconic broadcasters with massive TV careers who I know will have an impact on national radio, so it's great for the industry. This continues our commitment to investing in top talent and rights, and builds on our recent RAJAR success and our biggest audience ever.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well that's something I will not be tuning into anyway, if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Imagine being called Moz Dee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As Marcotti said earlier, it will be absolutely brilliant to see how they react from callers who scrutinize their opinions for a change rather than Redknapp and co. polishing their balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Delighted for them. They got their smack on the wrist. Its time to move on. Everyone deserves a second chance. They didnt kill anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's good to group all the shite together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Devil08 wrote: »
    They didnt kill anyone.

No they just "smashed" them ;)

smash-it.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Andy plays with crazy highlights control panel thingy

Gray: "I'M JUST GOING TO HOLD IT THERE"

Keys: "We're on Radio, Andy"

Gray: "NOW LOOK AT THE RUN, THE LAD MAKES INTO THE BOX"

Gray: "NOW THEY SHOULD HAVE A MAN, HERE, HERE and HERE"

Gray: "TO COVER, HERE, HERE, AND ANY PASSES GOING HERE"

Keys: "Still on Radio, Andy"

Gray: "NOW, I'M JUST GOING TO PLAY THIS IN SLOWMOTION BACKWARDS FOR A SECOND"

Keys: "Radio... Andy"

Gray: "AND CHANGE THE HUE ON THE PICTURE COLOUR"

Keys: "Andy..."

Gray: "AND INVERT THE PICTURE 180 DEGREES"

Keys: "Andy!"

Gray: "AND MAKE IT FLASH A WEE BIT"

Keys: "AAAAAANDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!!!"

epic-rage-guy.jpg&sa=X&ei=xV1RTdTyNMqahQfrvdnTCA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHXMZJid13Y4SeB_xe1uGBqAA1Xtg

<Cut to Commercial for Autoglass>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Sounds good to me lol. Hopefully they open up a bit more which i imagine they will.

"The Smashy and Nasty Show"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm all over this one...

talksport.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Big Wages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

OP: it's a 3 hour daily show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Well that's something I will not be tuning into anyway, if true.

If true? WTF :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

do Sky not own Talksport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Des wrote: »
    do Sky not own Talksport?

Nope they don't. They were tied in with Sky when it came to audio sources but they've since ended that tie with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,984 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted they are back on the airways.

I was watching Sky News there on the transfer deadline day. The male presenter said something about how hot the transfer market was and that instead of a sun holiday he would need a cold shower after this. Georgie Thompson made some comment like 'well thats not anywhere I'd like to be' or something like that. All smiles as they went to the ad break and two sad faces when they returned. I imagine they got told off for the comments. But there was no big sexist allegations about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

eagle eye wrote: »

I was watching Sky News there on the transfer deadline day. The male presenter said something about how hot the transfer market was and that instead of a sun holiday he would need a cold shower after this. Georgie Thompson made some comment like 'well thats not anywhere I'd like to be' or something like that. All smiles as they went to the ad break and two sad faces when they returned. I imagine they got told off for the comments. But there was no big sexist allegations about it.

Yeah but would you smash it?

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah but would you smash it?
    I would but I'm sure if you went around there you'd probably find your man from Ant and Dec hanging out of the back of it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's good to group all the shite together.

Durham and Gough are good between 4 and 7pm. The sports breakfast at 6am to 10 am is pretty good too, id rather that than listen to some of the gob****es on newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can we listen to this over here ? Apart from online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

daithijjj wrote: »
    Durham and Gough are good between 4 and 7pm. The sports breakfast at 6am to 10 am is pretty good too, id rather that than listen to some of the gob****es on newstalk.

Seriously Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani are terrible imo - much rather Newstalk in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »

:confused:

Probably because it wasn't sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Doesn't Gray still write for the star?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

greendom wrote: »
    Seriously Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani are terrible imo - much rather Newstalk in the morning.

Ive only listened a few times in the morning, it was pretty good the times ive tuned in, which wasnt for very long. I find Danny Kelly entertaining aswel. Cant stand newstalk tbh. Some serious muck on at night too, pure drivel pub talk, some of the stuff i could quote would get me ban here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I never listen to talksport but it will be interesting to see how they get on. Its going to be harder for them now without their gadgets etc, just relying on their football knowledge (or possible lack thereof). I reckon they could revel in engaging with the public anyway, give a breath of air to what were fairly stale career.

Can see them having a 2nd birth through all this and winning various radio awards etc*

*which sounds a bit Alan Partridge I admit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

niallo24 wrote: »
    I never listen to talksport but it will be interesting to see how they get on. Its going to be harder for them now without their gadgets etc, just relying on their football knowledge (or possible lack thereof). I reckon they could revel in engaging with the public anyway, give a breath of air to what were fairly stale career.

Can see them having a 2nd birth through all this and winning various radio awards etc*

*which sounds a bit Alan Partridge I admit

"you are now listening to ANDYS DEEP BATH" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

nuxxx wrote: »
    Doesn't Gray still write for the star?

Yes he does. Not that I read it! Just happened to see it the other day.

Yes he does. Not that I read it! Just happened to see it the other day.

Cough Cough Bull **** cough cough

O ya we believe ya;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Just curious, how do they manage to talk about sport all day every day on TalkSport? Surely there is only so much news you can cover.

• Advertisement

Just curious, how do they manage to talk about sport all day every day on TalkSport? Surely there is only so much news you can cover.

Well I'm not in the media and I could spend an hour talking about each club in the Premier League with somebody else. Thats 20 hours covered with fans of every club in the Premier League having a possible interest. Thats only one league in the UK, and in only one sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

They don't, they also have current affairs phone ins.

Sky Digital ch 0108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Cough Cough Bull **** cough cough

O ya we believe ya;)

What can I say, its great toilet reading when you're in a strange house :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

WE BUY ANY CAR!! WE BUY ANY CAR!! WE BUY ANY CAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its probably 60:40 sport to general news. I was listening the other day and they were talking about anti-social behaviour and asbo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pauleta wrote: »
    Its probably 60:40 sport to general news. I was listening the other day and they were talking about anti-social behaviour and asbo's.

That was a piece on Andy Carroll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

What can I say, its great toilet reading when you're in a strange house :pac:

dropping trou in a strange house :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

i hate these guts poor old Charlotte, the poor girl with her perfect body and any man she wants. Bitch:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Six nouns in a row - headline makes my brane Hertz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Its very naive to think Sky/BBC etc don't have footage like this on every single reporter/ commentator out there.

If we got pulled up for every single thing we said at work when we thought no-one was listening, half of us would be out of a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

"This was off-air and 11 years ago and anyone who knows me knows that Ruud Gullit, Dion Dublin and Ian Wright are not only my past associates but some of my best friends.” - Iv got black friends, therefore I CANT be a racist.

The argument of a man at his wit's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Keys really is Partridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

You must be a woman anyway!!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    They don't, they also have current affairs phone ins.

Sky Digital ch 0108

Current affairs for the Sun/Mirror readers of the World :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

"This was off-air and 11 years ago and anyone who knows me knows that Ruud Gullit, Dion Dublin and Ian Wright are not only my past associates but some of my best friends.” - Iv got black friends, therefore I CANT be a racist.

The argument of a man at his wit's end.
    Racism and xenophobia are rampant in English football, so rampant infact that the perpetrators are blind to their own misgivings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sorry, I am not up to date on the situation as it is.

Who took up Richard Keys and Andy Grays places? Google it but only found their debut on a talk show being discussed and can't find out on skysports.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

slingerz wrote: »
    You must be a woman anyway!!

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

greendom wrote: »
    Current affairs for the Sun/Mirror readers of the World :D

I should have qualified my post with a I do not listen to talksport :p

I'm an LBC man myself ;):p

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I should have qualified my post with a I do not listen to talksport :p