Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gray & Keys back in the game....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Who replace Andy Gray and Richard Keys????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

CorkMan wrote: »
    Who replace Andy Gray and Richard Keys????

Looks like you may need to get a subscription to Sky Sports to find out ;)
    Alternatively, Google is your friend

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8287523/Sky-Sports-to-rotate-presenters-until-successor-to-Richard-Keys-is-found-with-Jeff-Stelling-set-for-prominent-role.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What a pair of arseholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

^^
    immature clowns

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Interesting timing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Interesting timing...
    yeah
    Gray appears on BT Sky leak some more footage
    id say they have plenty more too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A fairly obvious tactic from Sky. As long as it keeps Andy Gray off the TV, its fine by me. A very nasty man and a horrible xenophobe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Agree Gray works for BT. Sky release this.

Sky feeling the pressure of BT I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Agree Gray works for BT. Sky release this.

Sky feeling the pressure of BT I think.

Funny how Sky had no problem with this carry on (was most likely going on for years and years) until the Sian Massey incident bought it to the public's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Why not just take the high road and all that. I mean, surely they can just ignore them and let them get on with what's left of their "careers" at this stage? It does seem somewhat petty and vindictive alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Someone has it big time for these two boys

doesn't excuse them acting the knobs but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Funny how Sky had no problem with this carry on (was most likely going on for years and years) until the Sian Massey incident bought it to the public's attention.

Gray was suing the Sun for phonetapping is the main rumour for why it came out.

If you have a person mic'd up for most of the day, every day....eventually you will find something to hurt them with. Especially over the course of 20 years. I don't care who you are, we all say something stupid or chauvinistic or racist at some point.

Now, It wouldn't surprise me if Andy Gray was a sexist dinosaur and the footage is representative of stuff he says all the time......but the bottom line is that he was "got" for suing the brass. That's just the bottom line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Seriously who cares, its the carry on of most blokes down the local boozer, just let them get on with there day jobs what harm are they doing ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Seriously who cares, its the carry on of most blokes down the local boozer, just let them get on with there day jobs what harm are they doing ffs!

I care, they're not in the pub. They're at their day job.

CSF wrote: »

Your missing the point its not as if they carried on like this live on air. They were hung out to dry.

Your missing the point its not as if they carried on like this live on air. They were hung out to dry.

Would you let someone make a video of you saying something overly sexist or racist at work? Obviously not. Because something like that might happen. Although I hope you don't say that **** anyway. You seem to be acting like everyone does it but they're the 1s who've been caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cant agree with this at all. Clare Tomlinson is trying to do a report and is hearing that kind of crap. Not on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Did he just say at the end something like "get you froppies a tweak for the lads" or did I imagine that?
    What does that even mean?

He has a horrendous accent, that Andy Gray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Did he just say at the end something like "get you froppies a tweak for the lads" or did I imagine that?
    What does that even mean?

He has a horrendous accent, that Andy Gray

I heard it as 'fronties', meaning her breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Cant agree with this at all. Clare Tomlinson is trying to do a report and is hearing that kind of crap. Not on

I do agree with your point, but its easy to see how such a culture developed.

The type of comments made by Gray & Keyes are typical of the sort of dressing room banter which would have been common in the 70s/80s among the likes of Gray and other pundits on Sky.

Its a culture that obviously continued in the studio, and left unchallenged, failed to adopt to modern norms as the rest of the world did around them

As has been said, they're comments wouldn't be out of place in a pub, but in the workplace they most certainly are. I think both Keys & Gray are more guilty of immaturity and nativity, and perhaps ignorance in not realising these comments belong in a past era, then of sexism. If they were guilty of worse, I'd imagine the clips released would be of a nature not considered the norm in a pub in this day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

When will women learn to leave the football to the men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I do agree with your point, but its easy to see how such a culture developed.

The type of comments made by Gray & Keyes are typical of the sort of dressing room banter which would have been common in the 70s/80s among the likes of Gray and other pundits on Sky.

Its a culture that obviously continued in the studio, and left unchallenged, failed to adopt to modern norms as the rest of the world did around them

As has been said, they're comments wouldn't be out of place in a pub, but in the workplace they most certainly are. I think both Keys & Gray are more guilty of immaturity and nativity, and perhaps ignorance in not realising these comments belong in a past era, then of sexism. If they were guilty of worse, I'd imagine the clips released would be of a nature not considered the norm in a pub in this day

All fair points. It's just a case of people realising things have moved on. It's strange to think these women didn't speak up sooner. Imagine this in a normal place of work!

I think both Keys & Gray are more guilty of immaturity and nativity[/B

What sort of Nativity's do you go to where you hear that sort of language? :p

Nearly every time there's a thread about racism or sexism or homophobia in here, you have people defending the culprits. And I just don't get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I heard it as 'fronties', meaning her breasts.

I think it's cockney slang for tits, 'threepenny bits' or "thrupnies"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think both Keys & Gray are more guilty of immaturity and nativity, and perhaps ignorance in not realising these comments belong in a past era, then of sexism.

But those comments are sexism, regardless of where they stem from.

Nearly every time there's a thread about racism or sexism or homophobia in here, you have people defending the culprits. And I just don't get that.

Who in here was actually defending them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It's strange to think these women didn't speak up sooner.

They didnt and still havent which makes me assume its "normal" and still goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

If they get booted off screen again can they take Michael Owen with them?, I'd rather listen to Arabic commentary than that blokes voice, it's almost like he's shouting to make himself sound more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There is a horribly misplaced sense of self-righteousness in this thread. 99.9% of the time when they are live on air the two of them are perfectly OK. I personally find them more entertaining than a lot of other presenters but that is obviously open to debate. The fact that people want them off the air purely out of spite is ridiculous. They've made mistakes and been punished for it, let them get on with their job. I don't condone their lewd comments at all but to be honest as long as they keep it off air who are we to complain? Plenty of lads speak a lot more profanely on a daily basis about such things.

I wouldn't defend them, what I think would be against the charter. :pac: It is a complete and utter stitch-up job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No fan of Gray myself but some people like him which is fair enough.
    What does Keys bring to the party though? Is he just hanging onto Grays coat tails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ah these threads always bring out the virtuous among us. Blessed are we.

Kirby wrote: »
    Who in here was actually defending them?

A few people actually, have a read of the page before. Typical 'everyone does it' 'different generation' ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jim Davidson, "all round great bloke", someone accused of much worse, and who has said much worse, is being rehabilitated on UK TV after winning big brother, if they allow him back on tv no reason they won't allow Gray. Large parts of the tabloid press will be horrified this week and think it's a great laugh next week, you can read it all after you have looked at their picture of latest "stunner, 18"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jim Davidson, "all round great bloke", someone accused of much worse, and who has said much worse, is being rehabilitated on UK TV after winning big brother, if they allow him back on tv no reason they won't allow Gray. Large parts of the tabloid press will be horrified this week and think it's a great laugh next week, you can read it all after you have looked at their picture of latest "stunner, 18"

Hang on....that cnut won celebrity big brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

When were they out of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

But those comments are sexism, regardless of where they stem from.

Yea, I didn't say otherwise. My point was that their comments stemed more from ignorance etc then from sexism. Didn't mean to imply they wernt sexist, just that ignorance was a greater factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

What does Keys bring to the party though? Is he just hanging onto Grays coat tails.

Stage 6 Hairy Hands syndrome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

While not actually doing there job.
    They're basically on lunch or on a tea break, they weren't on air at the time..

You're not allowed have any kind of laugh once you're in the bulilding you work in by your standards..

She seemed to laugh along with it also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bennyl10 wrote: »

You're not allowed have any kind of laugh once you're in the bulilding you work in by your standards..

When you're in work on your break today shout "get your tits out for the lads" at one of your female colleagues today and let us know how you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They're still at work. You try it on your lunch break, see how long you last. And it's not "having a laugh", it's blatant sexism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky must be very worried to be releasing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

What option did she have? I thought she looked fairly uncomfortable myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Reprehensible behaviour. You'd wonder what Sky allow happen to their female staff if they only seem to do something when they've a certain vendetta to enact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Wasn't she caught in bed (actually under the bed!!) with Bryan Robson by his wife many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Not getting involved with the wider discussion, but in the video released that is not the look of a woman comfortable with whats being said to her. No chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement