Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gray & Keys back in the game....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Pretty poor behaviour from them but SKY are a shower of c**ts for cynically releasing it now. I don't think they should be kicked off screen now as this happened before the last comments that got them sacked from SKY were made public. But you have to wonder what they were thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Pretty poor behaviour from them but SKY are a shower of c**ts for cynically releasing it now. I don't think they should be kicked off screen now as this happened before the last comments that got them sacked from SKY were made public. But you have to wonder what they were thinking.
    They shouldn't be allowed on screen full stop. This is just more evidence of it. Certain people shouldn't be given platforms in the public eye. Racists, homophobes and blatant chauvinists are some of the main ones you'd refer to in that discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

They're a pair of knuckle-draggers, anything that keeps em off the air is welcome. How you can treat your colleagues beggers belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That behaviour rightly cost them their job's at Sky. That clip is from Sky who fired them. They were punished for their many comments and lost a job they had for 20 years and rightly so. No one should be aloud to get away with what they said in this day and age.

They now work for beIN and TalkSport who have not released any clips of them being any way insulting to anyone.

Have they learned their lesson I hope so and do they deserve a second chance. I believe they do.

They started working in from a time when it was deemed ok to make comments like that and for 20 years their employer did nothing about untill they felt pressure from the outside and dealt with it.

I would hope they learned from their actions and losing the highest profile TV job in football should have given them the kick in the ass that now makes them understand how insulting they were to women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Did she actually say that she'd take her jacket off when they were doing it for real or did I hear it incorrectly?

Still though, no excuse.

If you worked for SSN and all those beautiful women around, you'd think all sorts but you wouldn't be stupid enough to say anything - you would think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

noodler wrote: »
    Did she actually say that she'd take her jacket off when they were doing it for real or did I hear it incorrectly?

Still though, no excuse.

If you worked for SSN and all those beautiful women around, you'd think all sorts but you wouldn't be stupid enough to say anything - you would think!

It was a run through before going live and she said she would take her jacket off when she was going to do it live.

It was a run through before going live and she said she would take her jacket off when she was going to do it live.

Yeah, I just thought, you know, don't encourage them!

EDIT: i wasn't confusing "for real" with actually taking them out btw!

could never stand either of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bennyl10 wrote: »
    While not actually doing there job.
    They're basically on lunch or on a tea break, they weren't on air at the time..

You're not allowed have any kind of laugh once you're in the bulilding you work in by your standards..

She seemed to laugh along with it also..

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not defending them, albeit there is a very obvious smeer campaign coming from Sky.

But any male who claims to have never, in the context of what he deemed a private conversation with another male, to have never EVER made any comment in relation to a female, be it looks, appearance or wanting to "smash it", is a liar.

Simply put, a liar.

No excuse for the pair in fairness, they are operating in televised profession where they should be aware of the potential risks of cameras being accidently on.

But I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing the **** that goes on from people about how its a disgrace.

I'm yet to experience a workplace that hasn't had comments of a sexual nature by men or woman that have taken place in the context of privacy, and in fairness I've witnessed some rather loud public comment as well.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that I'm pretty tired of the moral brigade, who if said to me have never made a sexist comment in their life, I'd call them a filthy liar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not defending them, albeit there is a very obvious smeer campaign coming from Sky.

But any male who claims to have never, in the context of what he deemed a private conversation with another male, to have never EVER made any comment in relation to a female, be it looks, appearance or wanting to "smash it", is a liar.

Simply put, a liar.

No excuse for the pair in fairness, they are operating in televised profession where they should be aware of the potential risks of cameras being accidently on.

But I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing the **** that goes on from people about how its a disgrace.

I'm yet to experience a workplace that hasn't had comments of a sexual nature by men or woman that have taken place in the context of privacy, and in fairness I've witnessed some rather loud public comment as well.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that I'm pretty tired of the moral brigade, who if said to me have never made a sexist comment in their life, I'd call them a filthy liar.

I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand the extent of this case. It's not simply the odd "male-to-male" conversation, don't you remember the Charlotte Jackson incident? That's harassment.

TheDoc wrote: »

Simply put, a liar.

Completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

When you're in work on your break today shout "get your tits out for the lads" at one of your female colleagues today and let us know how you get on?

Then, for further research purposes, shout "give your fronties a tweak for the lads" at another female colleague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

noodler wrote: »
    Completely irrelevant.

I disagree. Some of the indignation expressed here is well above what is reasonable. You can't morally object to something this much when it's quite clear when you think you're in relative privacy you probably say similar things. It's just the PC brigade gone mad as always, the two lads lost the best job of its kind in the world and have been mooching around on the radio ever since, is that not enough punishment? The only irrelevant argument here would be using their punditry skill (or lack there-of depending on who is arguing) against them because it just divides opinion. The simple matter of the fact is this; all lads engage in this kind of "banter" in one form or another. Is it particulary bad form for them considering they are on television? Yes. Should they have been punished? Yes. Did they learn their lesson? Almost definitely yes. So what's the problem? Live and let live, this spiteful attitude some of ye have is very childish.

I disagree. Some of the indignation expressed here is well above what is reasonable. You can't morally object to something this much when it's quite clear when you think you're in relative privacy you probably say similar things. It's just the PC brigade gone mad as always, the two lads lost the best job of its kind in the world and have been mooching around on the radio ever since, is that not enough punishment? The only irrelevant argument here would be using their punditry skill (or lack there-of depending on who is arguing) against them because it just divides opinion. The simple matter of the fact is this; all lads engage in this kind of "banter" in one form or another. Is it particulary bad form for them considering they are on television? Yes. Should they have been punished? Yes. Did they learn their lesson? Almost definitely yes. So what's the problem? Live and let live, this spiteful attitude some of ye have is very childish.

When you say it in the workplace, to a female colleague no less, then I say the indignation is justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Then, for further research purposes, shout "give your fronties a tweak for the lads" at another female colleague

I think it was 'trupnies'.
    'Threepenny bits' (an old coin) is Cockney slang for tits, and gets further cockneyed down to trupney bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

frupnies i thought he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

batistuta9 wrote: »
    frupnies i thought he said

I think that's just the way UK people sometimes pronounce 'th' as 'f' or 'v'.

"The most important fing was getting the win and the free points, not bovvered about the performance".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

"The most important fing was getting the win and the free points, not bovvered about the performance".

In'it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd love to hear what Billo and the boys say off the air on RTE ,I can only imagine the stuff Eamonn says would make these two look like saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I think it was 'trupnies'.
    'Threepenny bits' (an old coin) is Cockney slang for tits, and gets further cockneyed down to trupney bit.

Haha, linguistics forum >>>>>

You could probably say that in an Irish workplace and get away with it, cos nobody would have a clue what you're talking about!

Advertisement