Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hygiene in Waterford

• 08-02-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Ugh!! No matter how many times I see this happen, it never fails to disgust me.

How can people use the loo and NOT wash their hands afterwards??

This latest incident has pushed me over the edge...

I had just finished washing my hands and was making my way over to dry them when someone else exited a cubicle.

They walked straight past the sinks and out the door.

The worst part: They looked me directly in the face and smiled.

Have you no shame!? Do you expect me to open that door with the same handle you have just used?!

I was forced to use tissue just to open the door.

It's a sad day if grown adults cannot be responsible for washing their own hands.

/rant

Due to the amount of incidents I have witnessed recently, My question is:

Is waterford a hotbed for bad hygiene?

I feel that I must specify that all but one incident happened in a bar/club. Does everyone else find this a common issue? And how can we tackle it?

FSG X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

It's nasty. Seen loads of people just walk passed the sink and out the door. It's a right pain in the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Definitely not just restricted to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

FadeStGal wrote: »
    They looked me directly in the face and smiled.

Sounds like a right dirty fecker..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Unfortunately it's not just Waterford.

When I lived in London it was the norm for a lot of pubs to put out bowls of peanuts and roast potatoes especially on Sundays around lunchtime.

A lot of people didn't wash their hands after having gone to the loo. I remember reading a report that examined a sample of these bowls of peanuts and roast potatoes. There were very high levels of faecal matter found in the bowls. :eek::eek::eek:

The same report also put me right of the salad carts where you help yourself in restaurants.

I also remember watching Oprah and they did similar tests. Even cinema seats were found to have tested positive for faecal matter.

deisemum wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not just Waterford.

When I lived in London it was the norm for a lot of pubs to put out bowls of peanuts and roast potatoes especially on Sundays around lunchtime.

A lot of people didn't wash their hands after having gone to the loo. I remember reading a report that examined a sample of these bowls of peanuts and roast potatoes. There were very high levels of faecal matter found in the bowls. :eek::eek::eek:

The same report also put me right of the salad carts where you help yourself in restaurants.

I also remember watching Oprah and they did similar tests. Even cinema seats were found to have tested positive for faecal matter.
    oprah was found to have traces of ****e on her?

Yeah I seen something before alright about the peanuts having piss and crap traces on them. Bloody nasty. Ewwww

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

I'm not sure whether I'm relieved or apalled that this is so widespread.

What other places have you guys seen this?

deisemum: Do you have any idea where that experiment was done? I would be interested to see if this is as prevalent in more respectable areas, as in those less polished.

Can you imagine the houses of people who do this?? Surely this must build up over time..... in fact, I don't even want to think about that.

FSG X

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Hey seany I thought ye bikers pride yourself on being dirty? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Funfair wrote: »
    Sounds like a right dirty fecker..

Aye its disgusting, theres a few where I work are like that.

In relation to general tidyness as well, Waterford is a disgrace, the amount of crisp packets and chocolate wrappers swirling around is unnatural.

And the amount of dog**** on the paths is terrible, I think a lot of irish people don't give a damn about the mess they (or their pets) make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

A toilet is a mans throne,with a newspaper in hand and we will spend hours in there,and we will always come out with a smile on our face!!

episode1109.jpg

Look Sharon look what i did :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa-glCZ7bJJ7Qr3iOfW-yBXHH8FIhlfTXJrLgIcyVtgVg5Cgwxow&t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'll be honest, I was expecting more entertainment and better trolling from a Fade St. Gal thread. :(

On topic: In my mind, one of the most disgusting habits someone can have. No excuse for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

If its a number 2 wash your hands,

a number 1, why bother?

Urine is sterile. Anyway, so what if I've had my hand on it? More than just hands have been down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

op = cleanfreak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

dayshah wrote: »
    If its a number 2 wash your hands,

a number 1, why bother?

Urine is sterile. Anyway, so what if I've had my hand on it? More than just hands have been down there.
    and if you urinate on your hands you just need to shake them or dry under the blower before heading back out to the bar and those free peanuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

old gregg wrote: »
    and if you urinate on your hands you just need to shake them or dry under the blower before heading back out to the bar and those free peanuts

Too right. Normally I just wipe my hands in my jeans though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is the OP a weirdo? Why even mention this on a Waterford thread rather than After Hours, which where this thread would be more at home! :p

Isn't she lucky she doesn't live in a Muslim country,you know they wipe there arse with their left hand....dont believe in all that toilet paper malarky!!

Funfair wrote: »
    Hey seany I thought ye bikers pride yourself on being dirty? :D

Its all a myth. although some are fair smelly bahahaha

Im going to have to luck into the our female counterparts and their washing habits. Least then Ill have an excuse for lying on the ground looking into the cubicles.

*women washing habits does not mean im going to the nuns laundry room*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

FadeStGal wrote: »
    I had just finished washing my hands and was making my way over to dry them when someone else exited a cubicle.

They walked straight past the sinks and out the door

How do you know they needed to wash their hands? Maybe they were just in there fixing their shirt, blowing their nose or even doing a line...?

seanybiker wrote: »
    Its all a myth. although some are fair smelly bahahaha

Im going to have to luck into the our female counterparts and their washing habits. Least then Ill have an excuse for lying on the ground looking into the cubicles.

*women washing habits does not mean im going to the nuns laundry room*

Sorry to do it Sean :D ,but to quote the first comment on your YouTube page :p
    Jaysus sean,there was some smell off your arse last nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mike65 wrote: »
    Is the OP a weirdo? Why even mention this on a Waterford thread rather than After Hours, which where this thread would be more at home! :p

Last I checked they don't even let threads like this go in AH. Even though I agree it's a horrible thing to do. It isn't really in our net for discussion.

FSG, please be a little more selective with your rants/threads

Thread Locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement