Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 vs HTC Phones

Options
  • 08-02-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I currently have an iPhone 4. Great gizmo - middling phone. I was thinking about switching to a HTC phone. There are a lot of comparisons on websites. Most people seem to switch to an iPhone not the other way around.

Has anyone changed from an iPhone to another - particularly a HTC phone - and found it to be better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I switched from 3Gs to Galaxy S and then back to iphone 4. Battery is better in the iphone and the iOS is a lot cleaner than android at the moment.

I think be happy with your lot unless the HTC has some killer feature that you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

It really is personal preference and you should try one out.

I went 3Gs->HTC Hero->3Gs. Android wasnt for me. Yeah you can customise it, but I didnt want to. I also think the quality of apps in the app store is better than the market, although the market seems to be improving a lot.

I know that the hero wasnt amazing hardware-wise and my housemate has a samsung galaxy S which seems to run android better. Personally I just prefer iOS and he prefers android, its like the xbox vs playstation in consoles, or Nikon vs Canon in cameras, all have pros and cons so have a go of one and see what you prefer.

PS, most of the online comparisons are biased towards one or the other, written by the people who own one or the other and will try and justify why it is better. It all depends what you want to do and how you want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd stick with the iPhone too (and I use a HTC)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

My 2 cents worth:
    I'm a phone fanatic. new model every 2-3 months as & when the next best one is available. I've owned every model of iPhone.
    I had the original HTC Desire. Loved it and had no intention of getting rid of it, but I dropped it, broke the screen and sold it on as-is. I moved over to the iPhone 4 in September. Again loved it(the form-factor, engineering and screen resolution) But there was something missing. Even with all the jailbreaking & tinkering about, there is an element of personalization not available on the iPhone 4 that is in abundance with an android phone. I found myself selling the iPhone 4 after 2 months. I bought back into android with the HTC Desire HD asap and find it even better, (missing the OLED of the original Desire, though).
    I know that people will tell you that flash isn't necessary for a full web experience, and for the most part they are right. But, having full flash just completes the experience.
    The software library is smaller for android devices, but the important titles are available on both platforms, the same, if not similar. I for one, don't find it lacking.
    On the downside, I think if you are hmmm...ing and awww....ing over which to buy, you must compare like for like! the iPhone 4 is a powerful iOS device and you must try and draw similarities between high-end android devices too. The Galaxy S, Nexus S, Desire HD and the, shortly available, dual-core LG 2X are all contenders and are available sim-free cheaper than an iPhone 4(LG 2X price unknown, yet)
    iOS devices also has a full eco-system designed around the hardware(docks, cases, accessories etc) and software (iTunes), and you will have to try a bit harder to get into that "zone" with an android device.
    At the end, you make the decision about which device & "eco-system" you want to live with and then dive-in knowing you have made an informed choice. Good luck either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

^^^^
    This

OP, try Android, if you like it, wait for the new dual cores!

• Advertisement
Advertisement