Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crow guard

• 08-02-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Just wondering if anyone knows of a company or individual that fits crow guards on chimneys in waterford city asap.....please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

you can just buy one in any builders providers and get someone to put it on, failing that ask a chimney sweep to fit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

i dont know anyone who would fit it straycat, but I will see if we can get a chimney sweep to fit it. We had organised someone from a company who said he would fit it, that was six weeks ago. Numerous phone calls and promises later and he still hasnt travelled the 0.5 kilometre to do it. We cannot put our gas fire back in until its done. Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Why can't you turn on your gas fire?

The gas fire was taken out to be fixed, but the fitter wouldnt put it back in until a crow guard had been fitted. If a crow builds his nest in your chimney and you have a gas fire this can cause carbon monoxide to flow back into your house. The fitter cant guarantee his work as safe until the guard is on and your chimney is clear.
    We accepted an offer of help last night, so thanks to those who mailed me with numbers etc, it was much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Glad to hear ya got sorted. The brother went into his own house a few months back and almost jumped out of his skin when he turned the light on and a bird flew at him haha.

• Advertisement

Thanks Seany :)

Advertisement