Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a financial advisor in cork

Options
  • 08-02-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend an independent financial advisor in Cork City? I do not want to invest in their products - I just wanna discuss savings etc.. thanks, S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I've heard of a Mr. Hobbs - He might be able to advise you? Terms and conditions with that of course, same as anything.

edit: a helpful answer ;) to be honest, I would not just look outside Cork, I would look outside Ireland. Can your query be done by phone (e.g. to UK?) Or if it is worth enough to you, you could travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

in cork city preferably - just someone who can give me some independent advice - you strings attached..

Wonder how much Eddie would charge though..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

An Authorised Advisor is obliged to recommend the most suitable investment product available in the market, regardless of whether or not it holds an appointment from the relevant product producer.

Authorised Advisors are regulated by the Central Bank / Financial Regulator and you can view their register at http://registers.financialregulator.ie/DownloadsPage.aspx.

When the web page opens, move down the page to the 9th option with the title –

+Register of Investment Product Intermediaries (Section 31 Register)

Click on the + sign and you will see the title of a pdf file as follows -
    Register of Investment Product Intermediaries (Section 31 Register) as of 03 June 2011

If you click on this link, a 500 page document (in pdf) will open with the title - .
    Register of Investment Product Intermediaries maintained by the Central Bank
    of Ireland in accordance with Section 31(4) of the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995
    (as amended)

Look to the right hand side of that document under the heading or column of “Status” and underneath, you will see a sub category of “Authorised Advisor”.
    That provides a list of approximately 400 independent advisors regulated by the Central Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Gary Whyte Financial Services in Ballincollig is fantastic, or David Murphy in Complete Financial on the South Mall. Both top guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I'm a customer of http://www.dayfinancial.ie/ and can't fault him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement