Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seriously bad coverage/rights

Options
  • 08-02-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

hi there, i'm sure this has come up before but was just wondering what my rights are in relation to seriously poor coverage in my home with meteor.
    i have rang the helpline before about this and they dropped my tarrif by 20 e , all well and good except that i am working from home a lot of the time now and cannot make or take a call at least 80% of the time and even then have to move all over the house to try and increase coverage/signal. i rang meteor again today and they said "we do not garentee coverage indoors " wtf!!! all they said they could do is give me a new sim card free of charge and that that might sort out the problem....
    cant imagine how it could be a sim problem! what do you all think and have any of you had experience of this problem.
    tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

I'm not too sure about rights - I've had fights with Meteor about this type of thing on occasion and my betting is that once you've been on to them about it before and you continued to use their service knowing that's the way it tends to be, then they won't take responsibility for it at all. They'll just say something along the lines of how you could have gone with another network instead when you first recognised the issue...

Hopefully you do have some rights when it comes to this though, hope you get it sorted out...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do the sim exchange as requested, it probably won't work but you got to play the game. If no improvement get on to tech support again and see what the next plan is, pick up a replacement sim this evening and get that much out of the way. There free from any meteor stockist or store.
    It's just a replacement sim you after, call customer care when you have it so they can activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

thanks....thats my plan, going in tomorrow to get replacement sim and will see what that gives me in terms of coverage! has anyone any experience of signal boosters and can i insist that meteor supply me with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 darrancampbell

Hi Joan Im having the exact same problems as you, with my bill pay handset, my girlfriends pay as you go handset and our mobile broadband. All meteor keep saying is that there is no issue with network in my area and this is goin on since November. I would also like to know my rights on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

n0irin wrote: »
    They'll just say something along the lines of how you could have gone with another network instead when you first recognised the issue..QUOTE]

But chances are the OP has been locked in to a contract of 12 or 18 months???

I'm interested in hearing what if any further response and action Joanofarc gets from Meteor. Like darrancampbell, I have a friend who is experiencing very similar issues having recently switched to Meteor, and hasn't has a problem free day yet with their Meteor phone and is very frustrated with them. :mad:

Keep us posted.

• Advertisement

Hi Zxc, yes I'm locked into a contract with meteor on my bill pay phone. They have told me they have carried out a signal test for my area and there are no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

All the networks keep a computer record of when you call tagged with the cws agent who takes the call. What I would do is tell the next agent you speak to that you have called often and that you want action.

The next call is then to the option on the cs menu about "thinking of leaving us" and tell them that the service is unacceptable and that unless they are willing to fix it that you are porting to another network.

Having worked in a mobile Telco for years (the red one) its all about ports in ant ports out. They will do far more to fix your problem if you are leaving than if you are just unhappy.

If you have a record of complaints and have been reasonable about their attempts to rectify it, then they should have no defence to you walking away.

The big thing to remember is that your contract is for their service and they are also contracted to provide you with an acceptable service.

If they can't supply it then you are entitled to get service elsewhere.

Edited to state that in no way am I involved with any network other than as a customer now. (the blue one)

Please see below a copy of my email to them on the 2nd of January which I got no reply.

I would like to cancel my contact, and would like to inform you I will not be paying for a cancellation, as a direct result of m***or pure lack of customer support, I have visited a meteor store where I purchased my phone and received no help either, if you look at my account history you will see why I'm cancelling. I don't think I should have to put up with this lack of care. There was no issue when I was paying your company €250 for a phone and signing up for a 12 month contract. I have even asked for team leaders to call me to which they have not I will take this as that meteor does not care about customer support. I will be in contact with citizens advise and the small claims court on the matter and may seek remuneration for wasted monthly bills. Regards

Says it all really. If you cancel your direct debit with bank and call meteor to tell them you are porting to a new provider, ask the customer service person for their name and email address. They won't want to do that as meteor cs is partially contracted out, insist and send that person an email stating your intention.

You will get a panicked phonecall as soon as your new network submit a port request in and you can quote all your previous problems and correspondence and they will let you go no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You will not get a phone call if you port out. If your bills are up to date your number will be ported and you will receive a bill for the remainder of your contract from Meteor. Do not just port out without cancelling the Meteor contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

interesting to read last few posts there, thanks for all feedback. didn't get into meteor today for new sim but will do so tomorrow and keep you posted of outcome.

Walkman wrote: »
    You will not get a phone call if you port out. If your bills are up to date your number will be ported and you will receive a bill for the remainder of your contract from Meteor. Do not just port out without cancelling the Meteor contract.

if you have made contact and tried to resolve issues, they will tag your no as a "port risk".

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Hi,

Any outcome on your problems? I have the same issue with Meteor, no signal in doors or just 1 bar in which people either cannot get through, get through and cannot hear me or the call drops.

I have sent emails and made numerous phone calls to Meteor complaining in which you get the same generic structured response back or get told you will receive a call back in which I have not on two occasions - this seems to be a common occurence for Meteor to get you off the phone by spinning you total bullsh*t. There is no care what so ever shown on their part without even a suggestion of some solution to the problem. You just get told there is feck all we can do - "there are 3 masts within 3km of your location and we cannot guarantee reception in doors"!!!! How is it O2 and Vodafone can provide full signal in my home??? My walls are not 12 inches thick. My wife is also 38 weeks pregnant in which I have a told them there is a strong possibility she may need to contact me urgently and wont get through!!!! Again they showed no understanding of my situation and blurted out the same speel.

Are Meteor happy with this sort of service and especially expect people to accept it?

I have 6 months left on a 18month contract. I only spend €20 a month with them.

They have shown no understanding, any care or initiative to helping resolve my issue.

Complete waste of space this crowd. I wouldn't recommend Meteor to anyone.

N.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Indoor coverage isnt guaranteed, its in the t&cs of all phone contracts, same can happen where Meteor coverage works in buildings where O2 or Vodafone doesnt. Can depend on where the masts are, what the building is made from etc etc, I used to get the same in an apartment I lived in once, zero coverage in my room and perfectly fine in the rest of it, purely because of where in the building we were, nothing I could do about it.

Advertisement