Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grocer vs Supermarket

Options
  • 08-02-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Is there any prices that you feel are slightly ridiculous in your local Deli or Grocer's compared to a large supermarket's price?

Before I get grilled, I do know the likes of Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl buy in massive quantities of certain prodcuts, but have you ever picked up a packet of let's just say fresh egg lasagne sheets in your local grocers, to see them priced in Tesco for 2 euro's less?

I know quality products will cost more, but if the product is identical, what is your opinion on that?

Also has there ever been any good quality meats, breads, cheeses and fresh egg pastas you have gotten out of a big supermarket name that did infact trump a deli's selection?

Do not get me wrong. I absolutely adore Deli's and Grocers. I do. I live in them and live for them. Nothing makes me feel better than going in, being able to discuss the foods I'm buying at large and feeling that little bit better about giving a local business custom.

I know it is my own fault for not shopping around, but I couldn't get down as far as a supermarket today. I'm a bit miffed I just shelled out the guts of a f*cking fiver for something Tesco have in for nearly half that!

Advertisement