Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ Satellite Input broken - how much to fix

• 08-02-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭

My Sky+ box is not linger receiving a second satellite signal - was on to sky and went through the usual stuff, up shot of the call is one of the input cables is broken and needs to be fixed/replaced. They said I would need to get an engineer out and this would cost me £65 (not sure what the euro equivalent will be).

Anyone be able to tell me how big a job this would be to sort myself, or recommend anyone in the Wicklow area that could fix it for me, and what sort of price i would be looking at.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Have you found the specific location & nature of the problem? 'Broken cable' is a bit vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Have you found the specific location & nature of the problem? 'Broken cable' is a bit vague.

nope - All i know is that the current 'Dish 2' input is not working. I can watch (and record) 1 channel, but if I try to change the channel while it is recording i get a "No satellite signal is being recieved" for every other channel. If I swap the cables around, I then can't watch anything, so the current second input is broken. Beyond that, I have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Check the cable at the dish,the recent heavy winds have played havoc with peoples dishes-could be that a cable has pulled loose.

Advertisement