Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDF File to iPhone 4

Options
  • 08-02-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have 3 PDF files on my computer and need to put them on my iPhone 4 so I can read them.

Does anybody know if this is possible and the easiest way possible?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

email them to your iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

drunkmonkey - Do you mean send them to my email address and look at the email on my phone?

thekooman - Can I use that to transfer the file to my iphone from my pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Doyler. The iPhone can read PDF's so if you email them you yourself then open that email on the iPhone you can read the attachment. Alternatively, use one of the above apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Or you could take a look at Airsharing.
    Very handy little app.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

NothingMan wrote: »
    Doyler. The iPhone can read PDF's so if you email them you yourself then open that email on the iPhone you can read the attachment. Alternatively, use one of the above apps.

When you open them in the email app you are given the choice of sending the PDF to the iBooks app (if you have it) or any other PDF reader (like GoodReader)

Alternatively the likes of GoodReader can download a pdf from the web if you give it the address.

kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't like iBooks as a PDF reader: if you zoom in to read a page, then swipe to the next page, you're zoomed back out again. Dropbox lets you stay zoomed in and read the PDF in "continuous" mode. For reading books, however, I prefer to make ePub files in Calibre and import them in to iTunes then send them to the iPod Touch.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Dropbox is great....
    Install the Desktop software, create your login and drop in files to the designated folder. this syncs to the "cloud".
    on your ipad/iphone, install the Dropbox app, login with your details and it syncs your files. all free up to 2gb, i think.

Advertisement