Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Dell Inspiron Duo take sim card?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I'm really interested in one of these however i can't seem to find a accurate answer to the question above!

Does is take a sim card at all? The same way the iPad takes Micro sims from all carriers, if I get the inspiron duo will i be able to surf the net on 3G or only wifi?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

It does indeed have a sim card slot.

Was only checking it out lastnight, looks cool

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

It does indeed have a sim card slot.

Was only checking it out lastnight, looks cool

Oh really? Where did you get that info from? I cant seem to find it anywhere online which is a bit odd.

Ideally if I was to get it I would like to be able to use it out and about ya know..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

If you click the "tech specs" tab on this page

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Dell-Laptops/inspiron-duo/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-duo&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&~ck=mn

it's there down the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

They look pretty cool alright however the specs are nothing more than a pimped out netbook...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SIMply put

Have done some research in the past 2 weeks and this is my take on the SIM card slot in the Dell Duo in the US. I agree with the molding idea, using one plastic base for all Duo's. In the US SIM cards are mostly in phones. I also appears the whole SIM card thing relates to communications outside of the US.I also called Dell and spoke to their reps who really didnt have any information about the SIM card or the slot. Only that I needed to go to my wireless carrier to get one. Went to Verizon. Their cards fit their phones, not for this application. Answer?.....The Verizon Wireless Fivespot Global Ready 3G Mobile Hotspot. It has its own SIM card inside. If you need to communicate overseas or to another country you can, and the search for something to fit into the SIM card slot is over. If you do not have a need for this service you do not have to provide the information needed to start it. Simply use the Fivespot without that function within the US as WiFi or Broadband. :)..... Abt 35.00 a month.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement