Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Essay

• 08-02-2011 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

For a personal essay in english can it take the same type of format as a short story, but in the first person? I have a war essay, that is written in the first person but would i be able to use this in the personal essay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KittyCat12345

Please guys i need a response asap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

I have always been under the impression that personal essays must relate to you and your life in some way. I imagine you can discuss broad themes such as nature or family or education or love, etc. as long as you refer to your own life and to the question, of course. Perhaps you can discuss a family member during wartime? Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Oh and there should be no real narrative or plot to a personal essay, I think. It should only include opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A personal essay is NOT a short story. You will immediately drop marks for Purpose and C, L and M will follow suit.

Advertisement