Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westvleteren

• 08-02-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

I've searched high and low in this country for some Westvleteren without success.

Any ideas where I can get my hands on some?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Any ideas where I can get my hands on some?
    Westvleteren. Failing that any decent offy in Brussels (BeerMania, Beer Temple) or Amsterdam (Bierkoning, Cracked Kettle).

Cracked Kettle will deliver but their prices are stupid, even by Westvleteren standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

BeerNut wrote: »
    Westvleteren. Failing that any decent offy in Brussels (BeerMania, Beer Temple) or Amsterdam (Bierkoning, Cracked Kettle).

Cracked Kettle will deliver but their prices are stupid, even by Westvleteren standards.

Thanks for that. The prices of some of the older stuff is eye watering.

Kicking myself for not buying a few cases in when I was in Belgium last year:mad:

Plenty of places here have St. Bernardus Abt. 12. It's very nearly as good and a fraction of the price. I did a blind tasting of it next to Westvletern 12 and a few others here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

I've had a bottle of this lying around for a long time now, got it off a friend who visited the brewery/monastery.
    I realize that's not much good to you though...
    But BeerNut got me thinking I should just drink the damn thing and stop "saving" it for an occasion.
    I'll let ya know if it's amazing or not ;-)

I'd be willing to bet that people who find it amazing are the ones who shelled out proper money for it. Since yours was free I'm afraid you can't expect the same level of spiritual experience :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Rochefort 10 use the same yeast and have one of the nearest, (but not the same) fermentation method and is available in good off licences

Advertisement