Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Tastes Nicer From The...

Options
  • 08-02-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭

One thing that always puzzles me is how the same product tastes so different depending on its packaging.

Case in point; Can of Coke versus Bottle of Coke. Sooooo much nicer. In fact I'd rate a chilled can far better than a pub glass bottle even though they are nice.

Second case in point; 8 Square Dairy Milk v Dairy Milk of any other combination - just doesn't taste the same if it doesn't come out of the gold foil although the Easter Egg chocolate beats all.

Any others?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Someone else's chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

+1 on the someone else's anything!

I agree with you completely on the can of coke front, I way prefer cans.
    But maybe the smaller quantity products just "taste" better because you feel more inclined to eat all of the product, even if you aren't hungry for it all?

I can't ever taste a difference in a bottle of fresh, cold coke and a can unless I leave the bottle for longer meaning it goes cold and flat..

Hmmm! One to think about!

Something that doesn't belong to you though..

DEFINITELY tastes better.. Or the last bite of something, I usually leave the best looking bite of my meal til last :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lucozade is nicest when it comes out of the normal bottle. The biggeer bottle isn't great. The biggest bottle is horribe. The can isn't nice either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Stolen is the best taste of all. :D
    Moro's taste better from their old wrappers. The new boost style wrapper ruins em.

Stolen is the best taste of all. :D
    Moro's taste better from their old wrappers. The new boost style wrapper ruins em.

I saw the new moro wrappers. Now they look like.
    LIGHT SABERS

Will have to give one a go and see what they're like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »

The multi packs of 2's in the original, mint, orange and dark varieties are all foil wrapped :)

Also, strangely enough. I hate beans out of a container/new fridge pack. Only out of tins.

Always taste weird once you heat them from the fridge :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And beans are nicer when they are heated in a pot rather than in the microwave.

And beans are nicer when they are heated in a pot rather than in the microwave.

Beans in microwave are blasphemous!

In a pot all the way.. And If you turn down the stove to just below mid temp, cook them really slowly. Even better :) I add loads of spices to mine so it probably lets them mingle a little longer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The tiny mixer cans of coke are nicer.

The tiny '99 calorie' dairy milks are nicer.

The two finger kit kats are nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Sneaky pringles out of a box when the owner isn't looking are the nicest thing in the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Plowman wrote: »
    And rub the top so the kit-kat name gets embossed in the tin foil! The frys chocolate creams in tinfoil were better too.

Some others have good reasons
    cson wrote: »
    Case in point; Can of Coke versus Bottle of Coke. Sooooo much nicer. In fact I'd rate a chilled can far better than a pub glass bottle even though they are nice.
    I much prefer it out of glass bottles, in most pubs people will pour it on ice, so they are diluting it and losing fizz too, in that case a can for me. The bigger glass bottles were better, 200ml is too small. A can is usually drank right away so fizzy and usually cold, a 500ml cold bottle does not feel as good on the lips as the plastic insulates, while the aluminium can transfers the cold to your lips too -better thirst quencher. The 2L bottles are more likely to be flat so a no-no
    cson wrote: »
    Second case in point; 8 Square Dairy Milk v Dairy Milk of any other combination - just doesn't taste the same if it doesn't come out of the gold foil although the Easter Egg chocolate beats all.
    The thinner easter eggs (or those thin small dairy milks) will break up in the mouth and so get a lot more "melty" and easier to chew up.

Often beans in a microwave will have a few exploded ones, which seem sort of dry and ruin the lot.

I prefer chips sweating in the bag than on a plate, and this is not just chipper vs home chips, some burdocks are sit down or takeaway and I prefer the wrapped ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Ice Cream from a tub FTW. Hate when its put into a bowl. Always causes an argument between me and the BF, he thinks its best from a bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Of course! Almost not worth having if it's not from the tub :)

I enjoy KitKat Chunky's.. But they don't taste half as nice as the KitKat fingers..

Also I prefer the Jaffa Cake mini's than the bigguns!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cidona from a glass tastes much better then from the bottle/can. That applies to some other carbonated drinks too. When your lips are creating an airtight seal around the bottle opening, maybe it doesn't allow the bubbles to aerate and the flavourings emanate in your mouth. Does that make sense?

The point is, carbonated drinks taste better from a glass. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

I used to like Macaroon bars because they were wrapped with some sort of tasty paper-like wrapping. Things are different now though. You've changed Macaroon. You've changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Am I the only one who prefers coke out of the plastic 500ml bottle??

another one op: curry chips are nicer out of the foil tub, instead of the plastic tub..

Am I the only one who prefers coke out of the plastic 500ml bottle??

another one op: curry chips are nicer out of the foil tub, instead of the plastic tub..

+1 on the foil tub. Dislike the scorched left hand afterwards. Those tubs get mighty hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Thank you for agreeing with me..... I've always said coke tastes better out of can. I won't drink milk from a plastic container either, has to be from a carton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

When chipsticks changed their packaging to the foil pack they tasted so much nicer for some reason.

Coke in epic from a can, but nothing and i mean NOTHING tastes better than coke with ice on a sweltering day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Coke - glass bottle followed by can

Milk - nicer in the carton than the plastic bottle

Popcorn - Cinema popcorn always taste nicer

Hot chocolate - Cadburys is horrible :( Aero and Butlers is best :D

Advertisement