Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rc Tomahawk 4x4??

Options
  • 08-02-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I have the oppurtunity to but a 2nd hand 1/10 gas powered rc tomahawk 4x4. I dont know a whole lot about rc cars and this will be my first. Price is 160 quid and that includes a 2.42 cc engine, 2 channel remote control, glowstart and charger 4.5 litres of fuel and some spares. What i would like to know is how reliable these are and are they easily broken?? I cant really afford a new one so this would be within my range at the mo !! He says she is running perfect and i will want to see it running obviously before i purchase.
    Any tips or help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I don't know anything about the car itself, but €160 doesn't sound particularly cheap to me. The very first thing I would do is to read up on it - do a quick google search for some test reviews on it, etc. Then go to eBay and check availability and price of parts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

One question: Do you know where you will get your spare parts from, is it convenient to you, and is the price of those right too?

Because at the performance level we expect from our models, everything breaks. Parts are like fuel, we consume them gradually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

coolwings wrote: »
    One question: Do you know where you will get your spare parts from, is it convenient to you, and is the price of those right too?

Because at the performance level we expect from our models, everything breaks. Parts are like fuel, we consume them gradually.

Yes Parts are available so that wont be an issue, the price of them i'm not too sure about but can find out !
    I would expect breakages etc but was wondering more about this particular model as i dont want to end up buying rubbish, thanks for the replies

Thunder tiger.

What model exactly?

Why didn't you give us the link in the first place?

Afraid someone else might grab this bargain?:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement