Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cloghan to ferbane road

Options
  • 08-02-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

its a f**king disgrace
    ive been driving over it twice a day since before
    christmas and my car is wrecked because of it
    my windows is cracked from stones flying up from the surface
    and the paint work scratched
    and probably going to have to replace the anti roll bar bushing and wishbone bushings

how the people in the area arent complaining is beyond me
    if i had any of the local politicians calling to my door over the next few weeks id no what id be highlighting
    but theres no point preaching to the tipp ones where i live
    as the road is in offaly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Dont no that road in particular but im from birr and the roads in offaly are a disgrace...ders a real long road between riverstown and borrisokane that i use alot and its fcuked,you'd think bombs were dropped on parts of it....last year i burst tyres and damaged alloys driving down it after xmas the counil are fcuking useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Never did it but if ya damage the car take pictures and claim from council. This happens very often so chances are slim of being compensated but if the road is as bad as it sounds you shouldn have a problem!! Might kick them into gear to get something done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

jimbob86 wrote: »
    Dont no that road in particular but im from birr and the roads in offaly are a disgrace...ders a real long road between riverstown and borrisokane that i use alot and its fcuked,you'd think bombs were dropped on parts of it....last year i burst tyres and damaged alloys driving down it after xmas the counil are fcuking useless

that road has been completely resurfaced between ballingarry and borrisokane and is like a motorway now
    but it was very bad

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Never did it but if ya damage the car take pictures and claim from council. This happens very often so chances are slim of being compensated but if the road is as bad as it sounds you shouldn have a problem!! Might kick them into gear to get something done

my dad tried it after bursting an alloy last year
    ya might as well be asking your dog for compo
    yad probably get a better response from the dog:D

daithi55 wrote: »
    my dad tried it after bursting an alloy last year
    ya might as well be asking your dog for compo
    yad probably get a better response from the dog:D

yea, i believe ya. I dont know the ins and outs of it but listened to it on pratt cooper one night. Basically they do have to pay but its not that simple. Id say it would cost you in the end. I made ****e of a car between horseleap and clara one morning due to the new motorway. Alloys buckled, dent in the wing, bumper cracked. All because of a six inch pothole the width of the road. An old woman was behind me and stopped and said someone she new got her bumper pulled off at the same hole last week or somethin (cant remember exactly, long time ago). Being young and dumb and just after payin off a loan, i never followed it up and bought a nice snow white RS shortly after i think. Lets just say i havn been loan free since i got that yoke and i dont even have it anymore!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

daithi55 wrote: »
    that road has been completely resurfaced between ballingarry and borrisokane and is like a motorway now
    but it was very bad

no im on bout a differant road,if you head out the portumna road from rivers town about 3 miles theres a road on the left that goes to the crossroads just outside borrisokane....they patched it up last year but its fcuked again now

yea they done a good job on that ballingarry road

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shem676

The councils will not be liable for the damage caused by the state of the roads if they have not been 'informed' of the bad state of those roads. I would suggest, that when you see a stretch of road that you consider to be dangerous due to its condition, then take a picture of it and send the photograph along with a registered letter (or recorded delivery) with details of the poor condition to the County Manager requesting an acknowledgement. The council will then have been informed and may be liable if any damage to vehicles arise from that date. Of course, if they have no funds to repair it then they may just put up warning signs and speed restrictions until they are in a position to carry out repairs. Blast your local and national politicians / candidates with your complaints also... it may not be very effective but it will help you relieve some of the frustration that you may feel.

Aye i knew it wasn that simple

jimbob86 wrote: »
    no im on bout a differant road,if you head out the portumna road from rivers town about 3 miles theres a road on the left that goes to the crossroads just outside borrisokane....they patched it up last year but its fcuked again now

yea they done a good job on that ballingarry road

ya i no the road your on about now its very bad i do only be over on that road when shooting deer as ive permission over that way
    shem676 wrote: »
    The councils will not be liable for the damage caused by the state of the roads if they have not been 'informed' of the bad state of those roads. I would suggest, that when you see a stretch of road that you consider to be dangerous due to its condition, then take a picture of it and send the photograph along with a registered letter (or recorded delivery) with details of the poor condition to the County Manager requesting an acknowledgement. The council will then have been informed and may be liable if any damage to vehicles arise from that date. Of course, if they have no funds to repair it then they may just put up warning signs and speed restrictions until they are in a position to carry out repairs. Blast your local and national politicians / candidates with your complaints also... it may not be very effective but it will help you relieve some of the frustration that you may feel.

they have signs up on it now but its all the one
    the stones will still fly up and yal still have to drive over the bumps and holes
    but thanks for the verification

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

That road is a disgrace alright.
    Funny thing is its not resurfaced that long. (Think it was done last year.)
    Its as if the new surface they put down has just came away from the road
    and left it in the state its in now.

God only knows how much it cost to repair in the first place, but what the hell its only money................:mad:

• Advertisement

they closed it for two days around early october im nearly certain
    and they put down a tiny layer of chippings of about 2 inches which has now come up in patches and made it very rough

the road wasnt that bad when they resurfaced it was unly uneven but still smooth but now its crap

Advertisement