Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help much apreciated!

Options
  • 08-02-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Greetings to whoever can answer this. I previously asked was it in the rules to include a link to a forum request in my signature in order for it to recieve maximum exposure, I was told this was allowed but no means a guarantee of the forum being accepted.

I understand this but were im having the problem is when I place the link to the forum request in my signature it links not to the forum request but to the actual help desk!

Iknow this is bizarre but no matter how many times I re-enter the link it reroutes to the help desk!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952400

This is the actual link, could you tell me what im doing wrong?

EDIT: When I place the link in my signature it actually links to this! I have since removed the link.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's weird all right. Try copying this into your sig and let me know how you get on (you can change the wording):

[noparse]Show your support for the Zoology forum[/noparse]

The sig rules generally don't allow disguised links, but we make an exception where it links back to a thread or forum on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Zaph wrote: »
    That's weird all right. Try copying this into your sig and let me know how you get on (you can change the wording):

[noparse]Show your support for the Zoology forum[/noparse]

The sig rules generally don't allow disguised links, but we make an exception where it links back to a thread or forum on Boards.

Thanks zaph worked great! Saves much embarrassment!

Advertisement