Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada or Australia for social care worker/ electrician jobs?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hiya all!

Im a social care worker debating making the big move (Canada or Australia on cards) for a proper full time social care worker job. Just wondering does any one have any input?
    My boyfriend is a qualified electrician and also out of work. So both considering better life opportunities!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

yipyip wrote: »
    Hiya all!

Im a social care worker debating making the big move (Canada or Australia on cards) for a proper full time social care worker job. Just wondering does any one have any input?

Research carefully.

I'm not familiar with Australia, but it is quite similar to New Zealand where there are very few social care worker jobs that are full time, and where "social care" would be seen as far too broad a term to be meaningful: you'd need to present yourself as a mental-health support worker, of a (whatever other eg elderly, disability, etc) support worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 carhue

Im in the same boat, I am a social care worker and going to australia. Its very difficult to find out what your qualified to work as over there. as from what i have heard that a social care honour degree is not recognised over there. it dishearteing really as I have spent 4 years in college studying and for it be a very thing over there.

Any information at all on this is helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any yea have made the big move after? Im in the same boat, and want to know how yea got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Thinking of Canada myself ?! any advice ?

Advertisement