Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-usable caulk tube

• 08-02-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a re-usable caulk tube or something similar. I want to be able to mix up my own compound and fill it into a tube and use it in a silicon gun to pump it out as and when.

Does anyone know if there is one available, or would I need to use an icing gun?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

i have a battery operated de walt silicone gun.bit of a gimmick but there is an atachment with it that would suit your use perfectly fingers,its for sausage packs if your familiar with them.not cheap though over 100 pounds in england if i remember rightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

i have a battery operated de walt silicone gun.bit of a gimmick but there is an atachment with it that would suit your use perfectly fingers,its for sausage packs if your familiar with them.not cheap though over 100 pounds in england if i remember rightly

No, I'm not familiar with the attachment. can you post a link to it?

Those guns are ridiculous money though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

sorry fingers way above my computer abilities to post a link to it .have a look on tooled up .com.its fairly simple really as well as an ordinary silicone gun attachment you get a hollow tube and all that goes with it todo what you describe.if you arent using the 18 volt de walt system already i would say its a non runner for you cause theres no battery or charger with this ,it comes naked,so you would be looking at over 200yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

You can get mortar guns fairly cheap don't know how it would fair with a caulk but from new they have pretty good seals, etc. but would become caked if not cleaned. This kind of thing..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-794339-Mortar-Pointing-Gun/dp/B000T9UEYO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Reusable cake makers/chefs icing bag and attachments.

I kid you not,I saw a builder doing it this way,and it worked a bloody treat too.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i have one of those guns for pointing stone with mortar put there big and akward.i seen a brickie use them icing bags aswell was looking at them in some magazine,they were plastic in a pack of like 20 that you throw away when finished and you can buy different sized nozzles. cant remember price though

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get either the pointing kit or the icing bags tomorrow. Make life a lot easier.

Bah, Icing guns and bags are a load of pants. I can't get a pointing kit either from anywhere locally, so it looks as though I'll be buying it online, unless someone here does them and I can give my business to a fellow boardsie.

how much are they online.theres a place outside monaghan that does them for 50 euro

Dupont wrote: »
    how much are they online.theres a place outside monaghan that does them for 50 euro

around €20 - €25 plus postage

Arro have them, but the nearest to me are an hour away, so balls to that. They also want €10 to ship it, so double balls to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Dupont wrote: »

where?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    where?

fernhill stone Glaslough

So, I was all set to buy that mortar pointing gun online there, as i have some other bits to get anyway. Put it off for a bit, as I have to spend around €150 anyway and I generally procrastinate a bit unless i'm stuck.

Anyway, I was out at my parents there yesterday and she came home from lidl. Guess what she had,

Wk06_56831_b.jpg

Only €4. What a score, and it'll do exactly what I want.

Booyakasha.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Hey Fingers! Before I retired, when caulking cornice, coving or centre-pieces I just adapted old painters caulk tubes. Push a thin metal strip through the nozzle of an empty tube and dislodge the plunger out the other end. Good wash all all over. Then superglue the plunger to the pusher and you're away. An old plasterer's trick!

Spread wrote: »
    Hey Fingers! Before I retired, when caulking cornice, coving or centre-pieces I just adapted old painters caulk tubes. Push a thin metal strip through the nozzle of an empty tube and dislodge the plunger out the other end. Good wash all all over. Then superglue the plunger to the pusher and you're away. An old plasterer's trick!

Interesting method. Good to know if I'm stuck

Thanks

Advertisement