Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse Street area- shops/restaurants?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just started working in an office on the upper end of Pearse Street (past the station and the TCD gym, near Erne Street, and I'm just wondering if anyone more familiar with the area than I could name drop some good cafes/restaurants in the area? I've only got an hour for my lunch and dont really have time to go exploring! Menupages was useless in my search!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Pig and heifer on Pearse street junction with sandwith street do great food. not much seating though iirc.

There's a cafe on westland road just past the centra, can't think of the name of it right now though. it's not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you go up past the Holiday Inn there's a cafe across the road called KC Peach's - it's nice, plenty of seats too although a bit pricey.

Pig & Heifer has great sandwiches and salads but you pay for what you get. Nice coffee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

If you go up a little bit further to Grand Canal Dock you have a bit of choice regarding restaurants, Ely, Milanos, the Ocean bar, Chrystal Boat etc. The setting is pretty nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you go up to Grand Canal Quay, theres a big shop called Fresh that has good sandwich and roll deals for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

The Gingerman would be only round the corner from you there. They used to do a savage chicken curry for €10, but now they do a less than average one for €12. There's also a little cafe here (street view doesn't show it, but it does exist!) on Grattan St. I pass it every day, never ate there but it looks good. Spar & O'briens on Hogan Pl. Your other options would be down westland row or up nassau street, grand canal dock has Fresh and other shops. Another Spar, Centra, Apache Pizza just up the road from you towards Grand Canal Dock. Everything 10 min walk or less. There's probably some places along the quays too. The only way you really find out is by grabbing a sandwitch and using your full hour to walk about!

[edit] should have added, Georges dock across the river, not to far to walk, few places there too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hungers Mother across from KCB bank on Sandwicth street is grand.

there is a nice little italian on erne street beside the post office.

you are only a few mins. away from baggot street.

there is an o'briens at the junction of erne street and holles street - can never remember the name of that road

you have the quality inn

Advertisement