Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI Graphics Card Issue

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Folks,

Have a precision workstation 390 pc with 19" monitor and DVI connection to a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 P383, (128 MB) PCIE X16 Video Card.

Couple of days ago the missus was on the pc and the monitor seemingly went into Power save mode for no reason. When i hit the monitor button it tells me that to hit any key to continue using the mouse or keyboard but nothing wakes it up and just stays i sleep mode. The pc itself does not have a VGA graphics card on it so I cant connect it to that to test and I dont have a spare dvi card either.

The DVI card looks like it might be at fault? Where could I get my hands on aanother DVI card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

should add that I only have a spare monitor with VGA connection.

On the monitor that is connected to the pc I am able to connect the VGA port direct to a laptop and it works fine.

Advertisement