Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are houses selling in Donegal?

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

In letterkenny to be more specific . . . Ballymacool to be very specific :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Any house will sell if its prices correctly. If its not selling, its too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Siobhan1

Senna wrote: »
    Any house will sell if its prices correctly. If its not selling, its too expensive.

So are you saying that houses in Ballymacool are selling? Are there buyers for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Siobhan1 wrote: »
    So are you saying that houses in Ballymacool are selling? Are there buyers for them?

What i mean is there are always buyers for houses, no mater how bad things are, just a lot less than even a year or two ago.
    But just because one house sells in Ballymacool today, doesn't mean there are people looking for houses in Ballymacool. People are looking at the price first and everything else second. No one in the market is saying i want a house in "X" estate. They'll buy if they see value.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Is the holiday home market the worst off then around the coast?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Westwood wrote: »
    Is the holiday home market the worst off then around the coast?

On the holiday rental sites you see a lot of houses in the coastal areas being added the past 6 months to a year that are clearly peoples homes that they can't sell so they're renting them to get a bit of cash. Even some of the ones that look like new builds look like they were designed for living in rather than to rent out. So I'd again assume that people borrowed, couldn't afford to repay, couldn't sell at the price they wanted, and have to try to rent them out to make money back.

That's all assumption, but it seems logical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement