Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky in multiple rooms with this setup. Too easy?

• 08-02-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I currently have sky plus box in my sitting room, with the usual connections (two coax cables from 'Dish Input' 1 & 2 into a dual socket in the wall, obviously running to the dish) Beside that dual socket I have another unused dual socket . I have single coax aerial points in all rooms in the house.

I currently have a wireless set up from my Sky+ box in the sitting room to the kitchen, which is ok, but the interference from multiple wireless devices causes irritation. So I want to go down the cable & Magic eye route. Fortunately, I asked my electrician to wire each room in the house with a TV point, so I have the cabling (I think).

I was told by an 'expert' that all I need to do is hook up my kitchen tv with a coax to the aerial point in the kitchen. In the sitting room at the sky+ box, I should connect the RF2 point to the unused socket, then do the usual magic eye setup, et voila..... sounds a bit to easy.

My guess is that he assumes that the socket in the sitting room is linked to the one in the kitchen (and those in all the other rooms).

The question I have is: how do I confirm that that is the case? Should there be some piece of kit upstairs where the sitting room cable meets all other cables from all the other rooms, which in turn goes to the dish? Fingers crossed, it's that simple and all this is done. If so it's just a few quid for the sky eye and off I go..... Any help, much appreciated. Hope there is enough detail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sat cw

I currently have sky plus box in my sitting room, with the usual connections (two coax cables from 'Dish Input' 1 & 2 into a dual socket in the wall, obviously running to the dish) Beside that dual socket I have another unused dual socket . I have single coax aerial points in all rooms in the house.

I currently have a wireless set up from my Sky+ box in the sitting room to the kitchen, which is ok, but the interference from multiple wireless devices causes irritation. So I want to go down the cable & Magic eye route. Fortunately, I asked my electrician to wire each room in the house with a TV point, so I have the cabling (I think).

I was told by an 'expert' that all I need to do is hook up my kitchen tv with a coax to the aerial point in the kitchen. In the sitting room at the sky+ box, I should connect the RF2 point to the unused socket, then do the usual magic eye setup, et voila..... sounds a bit to easy.

My guess is that he assumes that the socket in the sitting room is linked to the one in the kitchen (and those in all the other rooms).

The question I have is: how do I confirm that that is the case? Should there be some piece of kit upstairs where the sitting room cable meets all other cables from all the other rooms, which in turn goes to the dish? Fingers crossed, it's that simple and all this is done. If so it's just a few quid for the sky eye and off I go..... Any help, much appreciated. Hope there is enough detail.
    Mac... You will firstly have to identify the cable rf2 out in your attic this will be your input.
    There are loads off different types of devices that will work for you or if you only need the kitchen you can join them direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sat cw

wolsey-8-way-bi-directional-tv-amplifier.jpg
    Wolsey 8 Way TV Amplifier with Bypass CODE: DSTXF18R

€36.95 (ex VAT)

TV Amplifiers allow a TV Signal to be run to up to 8 TVs & be operate remotely with a Sky Eye.
    tvtrade.ie

Advertisement