Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year visa question about harvest work

Options
  • 08-02-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks, I was in Australia in 2005 and worked in a vineyard for 6 weeks and decided that i didnt want the second year visa so we moved on. I ended up working in Port hedland for two months working on machinery in a salt mine.

I never considered that this work would count for the three months harvest work but i have just being told otherwise by a friend. He was told by a visa company that any work in regional Australia would count.

Secondly i'm wondering if any one could advise me on how i would go about getting proof of this work. Would it be best to contact the company directly or could i contact the tax office in Australia(All the work i done would be through my tax file number). I'm also wondering if there is a time limit on how long a person would have to apply for the second year visa after they have used the first year visa.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You already asked this.

First thing is for you to see if there is a time limit (google? www.immi.gov.au) and 2nd to contact the tax office to see if they still have records

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement