Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I get a NEW sky+HD box?

• 08-02-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Question to anyone in the know!

Just got my 1TB Sky+HD box installed today and noticed that there are channels stored under "other channels"?

A good few BBC1 regionals, Five, STV, etc...

Does this indicate it's not a new box? Perhaps a refurbished model?

Payed enough for it, I guess there is no way to determine if its new or second-hand?

Thanks!

Marty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The installer who put hd into my parents house added all the UK FTA channels in for them when setting it up.

Did it come in a white box with pale blue sky+hd branding on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭MartyM

Kensington wrote: »
    The installer who put hd into my parents house added all the UK FTA channels in for them when setting it up.

Did it come in a white box with pale blue sky+hd branding on it?

Yeah, it came in that type of packaging but if the box was sealed or not is another matter!

I was in the room while it was being installed and didnt notice him adding channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

It doesn't take too long to add in the extra few channels,maybe a minute if he's fast enough.
    If there was pre existing recordings in the planner then this would be a cause for concern.

kbell wrote: »
    It doesn't take too long to add in the extra few channels,maybe a minute if he's fast enough.
    If there was pre existing recordings in the planner then this would be a cause for concern.

Yeah possible, I have gone through the 12 channels added and only 2 freq combinations are used, so that would be relatively quick.
    BBC1 London 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC2 England 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC TES3 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    CBBC Channel 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC THREE 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    FIVE 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC1 West 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC1 East(W) 10.773 H 22000 5/6
    BBC1 CI 10.773 H 22000 5/6

ITV Channel Is 10.906 V 22000 5/6
    STV 10.906 V 22000 5/6
    STV 10.906 V 22000 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Yeah, think you're ok there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Have seen the Sky installers do this for me once or twice over the years - depends on whether the lad you get is decent of not.. some can't get out quick enough.

They had it done in less than a minute - barely even looked at the remote!

I remember dropping one of them a bottle of whisky I had spare, he near fell over himself in gratitude... wonder what kind of install the next customer got:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

the guy who installed mine did the same he had stored the English FTA.

Well I think its safe to say he wasnt doing it for my benefit if you look at the list and how repetitive it is! :)

Plus he would have highlighted that he did it!

However, its feasible he was testing that the feature worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

i wouldnt worry,when i install these boxes i dont always remember to tell the customer that i put them there.i would always do this and it takes about 30 seconds......you get used to it after the first 10,000 installs:D.
    its a case that if you didnt install them the customer would be ringing as soon as he/she noticed they weren't there......happy viewing

Advertisement