Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky and freesat need help!

• 08-02-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a problem, we have an existing sky HD package and i got a freesat box to have freesat in a separate room.

Box tested on the sky cable connection and working fine.

The sky dish currently in place has a quad LNB on it with only 2ports being used.
    So i assumed that the only job in hand was a walk up the roof slap in the new cable into an empty LNB port connect to the box and Roberts your mothers sisters husband.

But, when i connect the 3rd cable to one of the empty ports the sky connection looses connection on one of the cables and reads "no signal" on the info panel in the menu.
    The freesat box doesnt pick up a thing.

Tried multiple combinations and multiple ways but when the 3rd cable (freesat) is connected neither it or the second sky connection have any signal.

So for the moment the 3rd cable is taken out sealed up and hanging face down beside the chimney. Allowing the sky box to work properly.

To make things worse, the signal quality for cable 1 on the sky box is low but the signal strength is almost full, cable 2 signal strenght and quality are both near maximum.

Does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong or is it time i trew in the towel and called someone who does this for a living?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Advertisement