Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live Parental Setting

• 08-02-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,
    We got the XBox over a year ago and I set it up with parental controls allowing son to do very little.
    Now that he has XBox Live however I want to change the settings as he can't add friends or download some game updates.

When he brings up my email address it requests my password, however it keeps telling me my password is incorrect! Now I was sure I knew what password I used however it won't work and there is no option "I forget my password", so any idea how I can get in to change the settings or where I can info on the password?
    Any help appreciated - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

As far as I know and I'm open to correction on this but I think its your current passsword it's looking for as it's linked with your hotmail/live account.

So if your email comes up its your current password.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

I didn't use a hotmail or live email:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

DesertMoon wrote: »
    I didn't use a hotmail or live email:confused:

Maybe your normal e-mail and password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Go to login.live.com and use the forgot your password option with the email address that it's giving you. Should fix it up.

If it's not a hotmail/live account then the password will be different from the one you use to access the email account. However your alternate email should be set to the address so you can just use the alternate email and get your password reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Thanks for the replies - I have changed password online now, so will try on the XBox tomorrow to see if new password works;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement