Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor free txts pay as you go

Options
  • 08-02-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi quick question,got a new sim card from meteor i topped up by twenty euro and sent the txt "any texts" to 50104 but i keep getting a text back saying sorry your message was not recognised,anybody any ideas why this is?thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's "any text" and you need to do it before you top up. you're gonna have to top up again, unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

As poster above said, you're gonna have to top up again and it's "free text".

Also, make sure not to top up until you get the message confirming the price plan change and be aware that you will not always get the free texts straight away after topping up, wait for a message from Meteor confirming this- it can come straight away and the odd time it can take a few hours or even a day!

Lastly- and I have to state that there's no guarantee's here- but chance calling up their customer care and calmly explaining the situation, that you weren't aware of the correct procedure (which by the way is a load of balls, because it regularly leads to situations like yours) and if you're lucky you might have called a sympathetic rep who'll fix it up for you and put you on the free texts without you having to top up again. (I think to do this they top you up by 20 to activate the free texts and once you have them they deduct that 20 they used which is fair enough!)

So you may as well give them a call on the off chance they'll do this for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The text code is 'Any Text' to 50104, not 'free texts', 'any texts' etc. As jord said, you can try ringing 1747 from your phone to ring customer care and see if they can look after you.

Advertisement