Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC, Blackberry or iPhone??...HELP!

Options
  • 08-02-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

My iPhone recently got stolen and I'm wondering whether to buy the iPhone again on pay as you go or choose a HTC or Blackberry instead? Suggestions please. I am in love with the iPhone as it's easy to use and navigate around and I particularly like the easy flick scrolling throughout so in a way I am a bit hesitant about buying a new model. I'm also debating whether to buy a crappy old thing and wait for the release of the iPhone 5 which is being launched in the Summer. Thoughts please! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Fill this out, it's easier to help this way. :)

Though, I do think you're better off waiting until around summertime as there will be a lot of new phones with Tegra 2 processors (faster phone) released. There should be many new phones released at MWC this weekend.
    What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    Operator - have you an operator preference
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Price range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.P.M.

Without a doubt, Blackberry.

HTC look beautiful, but i'm not a fan of Windows mobile.
    As good as the iPhone is, if you're not bothered about all those games and apps' a Blackberry Curve or Bold is perfect. I love BB messenger, so efficient and easy. Plus it's free (just part of your data plan) and encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

HTC have some really nice phones, such as the HTC Desire HD. It runs Android, which I prefer to iOS. I suggest checking it out, and maybe some other Android based phones.

The HTC is a windows OS phone isnt it?

J.P.M. wrote: »
    The HTC is a windows OS phone isnt it?
    HTC is a manufacturer, not a phone.

• Advertisement

James G wrote: »
    HTC is a manufacturer, not a phone.

Yes I know that, my mistake.

Re-phrase - Does the HTC brand uses Windows Operating System?

Yes I know that, my mistake.

Re-phrase - Does the HTC brand uses Windows Operating System?
    Yes. They use WP7, Windows Mobile and Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Without a doubt, Blackberry.

HTC look beautiful, but i'm not a fan of Windows mobile.
    As good as the iPhone is, if you're not bothered about all those games and apps' a Blackberry Curve or Bold is perfect. I love BB messenger, so efficient and easy. Plus it's free (just part of your data plan) and encrypted.

I'm guessing you either work for BB or you're just a fanboy as I've seen you in a few threads posting about BBM and the like. HTC used to use WinMo as there main OS like two years ago. Then they made the Hero and started working on Android. They have devices for WinMo, Android and WP7. Much variety. I'm actually using a HTC HD2 now that should be running WinMo but I'm running Android 2.2. It's also possible to run WP7 ih it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You should get a play with WP7. Its nice clean and simple and fast :) Watch a few videos on youtube :) WM and WP7 is completely different. WP7 is a completely new OS built from scratch to give better performance and a touch friendly interface.

Advertisement