Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian connection gone?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Any know whats after happening? Was walking by it the other day & it's now called somethin like "quo vadis" :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Seen that, as far as I know nothing much has changed but the name?

I certainly hope that's the case anyway as the steak in there was top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Their food was pretty average the last few times i was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Morf wrote: »
    Their food was pretty average the last few times i was there.

Last time I was in there now was a few months ago though, when were you last there?
    I've never had complaints anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

still pretty much the same the same menu and quality, not altogether expensive.

basically just new owners

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Thank God! I can go back there again :-) I had a horrible experience in there a few years ago when I got mouldy cheese on a pizza, complained and got the brush off... Delighted I can go back!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Grasshoppa

I always thought the food was very bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Grasshoppa wrote: »
    I always thought the food was very bland.

Once you've been to Italy an Irish Italian restaurant just doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

changed their name. Go there for lunch some times when it was called italien connection. Prices are cheaper for lunch. Food is perhaps better(?) i dunno.I'm not too crazy about the food there. Its nor very nice but its not bad. But for lunch its good value and nice portions
    Didnt see their dinner menu.So duno about the price.I wouldnt go there if the price is the same as italien connection. Its not worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nada Perrozzi

The Italian connection in Carlow is gone....Quo Vadis is now owned by the origional owners of the very first Italian Connection restaurant which was opened in Kilkenny in 1990. Their aim is to bring back authentic Italian food at a reasonable price, and now all food is prepared and made fresh on the premises by top class chefs. Also a number of dishes on the menu are origional recipes from the chef/patron. The name Quo Vadis means "where are you going", so hopefully, we will see you in "Quo Vadis"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Pretty sure the new owners also own La Scala in Athy, not familiar with the food there however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

interesting how the only post made by ruby rules is one about the restaurant. A bit of self-promo maybe.
    I've been to La Scala in Athy. Food is ok - menu NEVER changes (well, doesn't seem to have changed in the last 5 years from what I can see). But in saying that, the food is ok. I wouldn't rave about it, but it can be tasty.
    So, if it's the same crowd, well then it will be reasonable and ok food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ruby rules

c07 wrote: »
    interesting how the only post made by ruby rules is one about the restaurant. A bit of self-promo maybe.
    I've been to La Scala in Athy. Food is ok - menu NEVER changes (well, doesn't seem to have changed in the last 5 years from what I can see). But in saying that, the food is ok. I wouldn't rave about it, but it can be tasty.
    So, if it's the same crowd, well then it will be reasonable and ok food.

Sorry to disappoint, no self promo here, i just had a really nice meal in there and am new to boards. I still haven't figured out to start my own thread :confused:
    I have been back there since a couple of times and haven't had a bad meal yet and it is not at all like italian connection, you can sit and enjoy meal with no pressure to leave and you don't have staff approaching you every 2 minutes, so thumbs up.
    ONE thing though, i think the take away could be a little bit cheaper. Just a suggestion maybe

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The people who were in I.C. Now run pompei (grill and grape) Supposed to be quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

ardinn wrote: »
    The people who were in I.C. Now run pompei (grill and grape) Supposed to be quite nice.

Yeah i was in Pompeii a month or so ago with the missus, very nice place and we thought the food was delicious and reasonably enough priced, was a nice touch when the owner(i persume) came around to each table to chat and make sure we were enjoying our food, very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Yeah i was in Pompeii a month or so ago with the missus, very nice place and we thought the food was delicious and reasonably enough priced, was a nice touch when the owner(i persume) came around to each table to chat and make sure we were enjoying our food, very friendly.

Think his name is Mario? May be wrong.
    He was the owner of the tiny Italian (Going back a few years) across the road from the old super value. I've heard he's very friendly, and loves to chat with the customer's!

Advertisement