Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google question

Options
  • 09-02-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it possible to get gps coordanates from the likes of google or similar. Another words if I look up a place on google maps and want to give someone an exact ref to punch into there sat nav. The reasons being its a place in the countryside with no road names etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

cubix wrote: »
    Just wondering is it possible to get gps coordanates from the likes of google or similar. Another words if I look up a place on google maps and want to give someone an exact ref to punch into there sat nav. The reasons being its a place in the countryside with no road names etc.
    There's a thread here which might help
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056172324

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Right-click on the location in Google Maps and choose 'What's here?'.

The co-ordinates will appear in the search form.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

cubix wrote: »

You can add an optional LanLon tooltip feature to googlemaps.

Click on the cog settings icon at top RHS of page and Click on the 'New!' lab feature icon (looks like a laboratory beaker).

Enable the 'LatLng Tooltip'

When you press SHIFT your latlon location will appear as a tooltip.

Advertisement