Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Payment

Options
  • 09-02-2011 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering could ye help me... Will be my first time renting and will be making offer on a house in the coming days. With regards to payment of deposit and initial first months rent, how are these generally done?
    Would this be a cash exchange with a receipt from landlord and possible DD from then on or should it be DD from the very start?

Or if it was the case, what's peoples opinions on cash the whole time and just a written statement from landlord like a rent book?

Thanks in Advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Hi

Generally you will pay the deposit and that holds the property for you. You then can agree a move in date, on the move in date you pay the first months rent.

Are you paying the landlord directly or are the using an agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Penguino wrote: »
    Hi

Generally you will pay the deposit and that holds the property for you. You then can agree a move in date, on the move in date you pay the first months rent.

Are you paying the landlord directly or are the using an agent?

Hi Penguino,

Thanks for the reply but I know the about I'm just wondering about the best method to actually pay the bobs. Cash on initial first months rent + deposit and the DD from then on or should it be DD from the start??

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Hi Penguino,

Thanks for the reply but I know the about I'm just wondering about the best method to actually pay the bobs. Cash on initial first months rent + deposit and the DD from then on or should it be DD from the start??

I would go for the DD option, at least you have details of the bank transfers. It's the easier of the options, also it saves you having to get cash from the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I'd say your landlord will tell you which they prefer. More convenient for everyone if it's DD but in some cases it's handy to have the landlord call regularly in case you need repairs done etc.

Advertisement