Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 card draw rule question

• 09-02-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Does 4 cards to a straight flush beat a pair of 6s when cards already have been drawn and all players have checked.

The player with the 4 to the flush opened and it was kings to open.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

settopbox wrote: »
    Does 4 cards to a straight flush beat a pair of 6s when cards already have been drawn and all players have checked.

The player with the 4 to the flush opened and it was kings to open.

He has nothing so no, the 6's win and in any game I have ever played or run he must double the pot to the player with the 6's for opening without openers, some games allow you to split openers on request but it doesnt seem like this occured here, he took a chance and missed hes draw so has to pay imo, now the rules on 5 card draw vary hugely from game to game so this is just how any game I have ever run operates, hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

but because it was kings to open , does that not mean that his hand (as it was 4 to a flush so he could open as this is considered better or equal to a pair of kings) was technically better than my pair of 6s,

could it not be considered that his hand was at least equivalent to a pair or kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

TBH alot of games dont allow you to open with it, some do, the problem with 5-card draw is it is like pool in a way and it really is what ever the 'house rules' are, I mean there isnt even a universal rule book for holdem.

My own personal stance would be, yes you can open, but if you miss all you have is K or A high as the case maybe and any pair beats you, as a side all he has to do here is bet and the 6's cant call cos he knows that the other guy opened and only bought one card so automatically puts him on 2-pair ;)

Advertisement