Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

CatFromHue wrote:
    Yeah Marco is pretty annoying and takes away from the show.

Part of his deal must be that he sits centre table all the time. I'm pretty sure the guest judges always got centre spot with paulo and doorley either side.
    Doorley seemingly deferring to him all the time is annoying too. Marco takes away from show I think. It needs a critic, not an ego.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think you're right as I remember Paolo always seemed to be on the right with Tom on the left.

tbh Marco would put you off watching the show. If I could forward through the bits with him in it I'd be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

He could make more of an effort to play along!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think you're right as I remember Paolo always seemed to be on the right with Tom on the left.

tbh Marco would put you off watching the show. If I could forward through the bits with him in it I'd be happier.

Yea I agree, he thinks he's some sort of food philosopher, pain in the hole. And the guest always sat in the middle of any episode I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tom has become very annoying this series

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Seemingly the last episode was actually the first one filmed.

The series really missed Paolo and I stopped watching for awhile as I found Marco so irritating.

If they do make another series I really hope they don't have Marco on it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Marco seemed rude, disinterested and at times even drunk. Tom Doorley almost has no opinion of his own. If Marco says something first then Tom almost always agrees, and sometimes changes something he previously said just because Marco disagreed. In previous seasons he usually did this when there were famous chefs as the guest judge.

Paolo was the nicest and most entertaining of them, pity they couldn't replace him with someone with similar charm and appeal.

As I've said before, the Staff are the most entertaining part of this show. I can't believe it's ended after it seems it had just started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

5starpool wrote: »
    Marco seemed rude, disinterested and at times even drunk. Tom Doorley almost has no opinion of his own. If Marco says something first then Tom almost always agrees, and sometimes changes something he previously said just because Marco disagreed. In previous seasons he usually did this when there were famous chefs as the guest judge.

Paolo was the nicest and most entertaining of them, pity they couldn't replace him with someone with similar charm and appeal.

Definitely drunk a couple of times. It was blatantly obvious!!

Tom is ridiculously annoying. The more I watch the show, the more he just comes across as a bit of a spoofer to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tom has become very annoying this series
    5starpool wrote: »

I called him a sycophant after episode 1 and I cringed harder with every ep. This could have been a 52 episode series all year and you know we wouldnt have seen him disagree with Marco even once, which is ridiculous when it comes to subjective stuff like food critics, the guests werent any better, probably afraid of missing out on next years cheque...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The new series over already?! Have to say it was the worst series, think the show has passed its sell by date. I did enjoy the last series, I think that's when tv3 took it over and Aldi came on board. But this series I really don't like Marco, he's very rude and it's like he really doesn't want to be there. Sounds a bit mean but I don't like the way the program is focusing more on the diners, introducing them, red carpet photos, them commenting on the dishes like they are food critics or connoisseurs! I think the move to a Dublin location has brought them out, they wouldn't bother travelling down the country for it.
    I've found the shows to be getting boring, totally zoned out of Sean Gallaghers episode and he's a fella I didn't mind on Dragons Den.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The new series of The Restaurant will air on Thursday 23rd March at 9pm on TV3 from Marco Pierre White Courtyard Bar & Grill, Donnybrook, the new home of The Restaurant.
    First up in the kitchen will be Grainne Seoige. Joining Grainne over the six-part series will be professional snooker player Ken Doherty, fashion experts Sonya Lennon and Brendan Courtney, Rose of Tralee winner Maria Walsh, entrepreneur and businessman Bobby Kerr and broadcaster Anton Savage.
    Each celebrity chef will have to impress the palates of critics Marco Pierre White and Tom Doorley along with a guest critic each week.

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/233562/TV3-reveals-the-6-celebrities-who-will-be-donning-aprons-for-the-brand-new-series-of-The-Restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Didn't like Marco in the last series one bit. Professional courtesy wouldn't be his strong point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The new series of The Restaurant will air on Thursday 23rd March at 9pm on TV3 from Marco Pierre White Courtyard Bar & Grill, Donnybrook, the new home of The Restaurant.
    First up in the kitchen will be Grainne Seoige.

Enough water has passed under the bridge, then. :o;)

Did TV3 sack her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

First up in the kitchen will be Grainne Seoige.

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/233562/TV3-reveals-the-6-celebrities-who-will-be-donning-aprons-for-the-brand-new-series-of-The-Restaurant
    Thargor wrote: »
    Did TV3 sack her?

Gráinne left TV3 years ago to join Sky News Ireland. When Sky News Ireland closed, she joined RTE under an exclusive contract. The contract expired recently and she is now free to work for other TV stations. I'd imagine she is in the market for job offers and is taking part in this programme to heighten her profile, she has been away from TV for a while (apart from co-presenting Up for the Match and the odd award ceremony).

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/year-of-excitement-as-grainne-seoiges-rte-contract-ends-35461973.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

But wasn't there some acrimony in her departure from TV3... or am I thinking of Claire Byrne? :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

But wasn't there some acrimony in her departure from TV3... or am I thinking of Claire Byrne? :o:o:D;)
    I think they prevented her from reading her last scheduled news bulletin and she was annoyed by it as she had planned on saying goodbye to viewers.

This is back, new series starting right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Grainne can get fair narky.
    Off to First Dates TV now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Are Aldi not involved this year?

It wouldn't be my idea of a 5-star meal. Wouldn't order either of the starters. Was not impressed by the lasagna-type main course. Would not be able to stomach alll the butter used in the monkfish with loster mash dish. Not a lover of chocolate desserts, so probably would try the rhubarb trifle. Even that added to the heavy dairy fat overload. :(

I'd probably relate with the guy who said "Fur coat and no knickers!". Far from a five, it would be "Nil points" from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Eyepatch wrote: »
    It wouldn't be my ibodea of a 5-star meal. Wouldn't order either of the starters. Was not impressed by the lasagna-type main course. Would not be able to stomach alll the butter used in the monkfish with loster mash dish. Not a lover of chocolate desserts, so probably would try the rhubarb trifle. Even that added to the heavy dairy fat overload. :(

I'd probably relate with the guy who said "Fur coat and no knickers!". Far from a five, it would be "Nil points" from me!

I'd agree with most of the above, lobster in spud?? What a waste of lobster!! Should be naked - not G naturally - grilled with a bit of butter and parsley end of....white wine, naturally, for the thirst..

SA food is an acquired taste, spent a bit of time there in the the '90's - not for me curry mince dressed like a lasagna and, let's face it, rhubarb is prison food...:P

Pierre the fancy chef was most definitely tired and emotional and I can't believe none of them heard about bobotie. It's a national dish.

And red nail varnish and the diamond ring is a no no cooking...

Five stars how are ye!!

Five stars! I don't know what those judges were thinking. I mean the "lobster mash" or should it be "monster mash!" :p:p had 50/50 butter to spuds to start with, not to mention a sacrilege re the lobster. What a travesty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I would have starved! Don't eat fish or lamb. Anytime I watch this programme is always think I would struggle with their menus

Me too! I was sick to my stomach most of time watching it, right from they started off with the oysters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Surely the stars should go to the chefs? Last night 100 oysters...3 each...so if half order them that means 66 diners. Grains hardly whipped all meals up herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Dovies wrote: »
    I would have starved! Don't eat fish or lamb. Anytime I watch this programme is always think I would struggle with their menus

Dovies!! :):):)

How are ye!! xxx gsw

Ah no, in a few weeks the baby lambs will be on the grill...........:oxxx

The oysters were great in fairness.......G&T is a bit of a cop out....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What I was amused by was that the kitchen chefs initially hated the dishes, bar the oysters and then 5stars!

Mental stuff

• Advertisement

For me, the real stars of the show, week after week, are the kitchen staff.

Advertisement