Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Eyepatch wrote: »
    For me, the real stars of the show, week after week, are the kitchen staff.
    I agree. They also do the bulk of the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

anyone watching? Some of these diners are really full of s***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I missed the end of it. How many stars did they get?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I missed the end of it. How many stars did they get?

Thanks!

4stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Who was it last night and is it worth a watch on the player please? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Who was it last night and is it worth a watch on the player please? :-)

Sonya Lennon and Brendan Courtney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Patww79 wrote: »

Who was on?

I have kinda not watched much this series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Patww79 wrote: »

Maria Walsh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Continuity error. Tasting her starters in preparation in kitchen had very obvious blue plaster on finger. Then preparing main course no plaster and cuts her finger. Plus why was f word bleeped but 2 s words left in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Continuity error. Tasting her starters in preparation in kitchen had very obvious blue plaster on finger. Then preparing main course no plaster and cuts her finger. Plus why was f word bleeped but 2 s words left in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

She's a very good looking girl, but a pain to listen to. Very loud and over-powering. If she had repeated "Now, I've got my mojo back again!" one more time, I'd have switched channels. An overall "Three" was a fair result, IMO, even though the main courses were very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

She's a very good looking girl, but a pain to listen to. Very loud and over-powering. If she had repeated "Now, I've got my mojo back again!" one more time, I'd have switched channels. An overall "Three" was a fair result, IMO, even though the main courses were very good.

She's the most painful dose that's ever been on the show to date, a stereotypical brash, loud mouth yank. I enjoy this show but she took any enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was she actually that bad? She seemed like good craic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

I was quite surprised myself with her, glad I'm not the only one who thought she was painful. Being a Rose of Tralee, you'd imagine shed be a bit more elegant in her manner, but she turned out to be the total opposite and probably the worst one on the show yet. It just shows in another sense that looks can be deceiving, and not all of these roses are "lovely girls" :P

Looking forward to Ken Doherty's appearance this week though ;)

Best episode to date (the one with Ken Doherty)!

Likewise, felt that this weeks episode was the best to date so far as well. The Irish half of his menu wouldn't have appealed to me too much, apart from the main, but the Indian half of his menu looked really nice and well thought out. Would have loved to have tried the main and dessert in particular :P

Comes across as a really nice bloke in general, and his appearance this week in it showed.....makes a change from some of the special guests that appear on it. The last two weeks weren't particularly great in that sense.

This episode was the equivalent in TV watching to "comfort food" - exuded a warm feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Love Ken Doherty. He was excellent last night. I would have had the Indian food too apart from the desert. Especially as it was a bit 'wa**y' lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

There's no love lost between Tom and Marco. Marco is so condescending and Tom tries too hard, to be a critic.

Haha, yeah I always have to laugh when Marco calls Tom, "Thomas". Makes him sound like Tom is his child. I like them both though, but you can't take them too seriously either, especially Tom :P

Thought this week's episode was quite good again. His menu looked very nice, and deserving of it's star rating. It's always going to be easy when you've those dishes on the menu though. It was really nice, and adventurous to a degree and in terms of it's sheer quality, but with no faffing about either

Anton himself was enjoyable too, seemed to just get on with it and put his head down, rather than trying to show off in front of the camera

That's the series done i believe, they didn't advertise anyone else, but it was an enjoyable series all the same, apart from one thorny rose ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great episode, I was absolutely drooling at the main courses. The marrow made me think of the Hawksmoor breakfast which is on my to-do list next time Im in London:

https://pickyglutton.com/2012/01/03/hawksmoor-guildhall-review-breakfast/

Very enjoyable episode. Well done and well deserved star rating, Anton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Very enjoyable episode. Well done and well deserved star rating, Anton!
    Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tom Doorley has quit the Restaurant because it has basically become the Marco Pierre White show.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/food-critic-tom-doorley-quits-tv3s-the-restaurant-over-clash-with-marco-pierre-white-36095171.html

Probably a fair comment.

• Advertisement

It probably has not helped, the fact that the show was moved to MPW's restaurant. Gives him more of a sense that he's entitled to "lord it over" the other critics. Glasson, Athlone was more neutral territory and the selection of guest diners was a little wider than your usual Dublin party-going set.

Advertisement