Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You can't blame Tom for leaving tbh, Marco was mean to him all the time and to a lot of the other guest critics too.

Marco is the complete polar opposite of Paulo and it's killing/killed the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Marco is like a human vortex; when he has an audience, everything is in orbit around him and he will not take any direction from floor managers, cameramen, directors or me."

Doorley also hit out at White's "dinosaur tendencies" which he said he found hard to stomach.
    "Marco's dinosaur tendencies such as his attitude to women and the fact that he refers to them as 'birds' made me feel that I had been cast back to the 1970s.

"When he told a young female guest chef - and I'm paraphrasing here - that when a woman cooks a certain kind of dessert for a man he gets an erection, I was sure I misheard. When this gratuitous sexist sleaze made it into the edit for broadcast, I knew I no longer belonged in The Restaurant," said Doorley.
    Cant argue with any of that, fair play to Tom for having a spine, I withdraw my comments here about him being submissive.

MPW is very offputting alright, I remember when the state pathologist did a 4/5 star meal and he was creeping her out with his touching and staring, the guy is a total sleazeball. Another time he made a giant stack of plates after a course like something a bored child would do at a wedding, not the only time he's been playing with the food eitther, he seems like a bit of an amateur tbh, its pretty obvious he had to get the fook out of England because nobody will work with him anymore.

Entertaining tv though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

most likely the reason for moving to White's restaurant was product placement, he paid for the PP by not taking a fee for his time.

BTW from what I gather the series is largely produced by PP and it's been up to the producers to get the PP, TV3 pay very little for its production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rachel Allen replacing Tom Doorley

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's Marco that needs replacing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Returns tonight with DOC, he is everywhere :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

The show has gone downhill since it became the MPW show. He's like a spoilt sulky child in a constant foul mood.

I used to love this show but don't think I'll go out of my way to watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just watched the restaurant with Donnacha o Callaghan. Was very entertaining. DoC is just so likeable.

Jeez Marco is a pompous twit.... and he didn’t seem to like the guest critic. Very rude man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Lisha wrote: »

Jeez Marco is a pompous twit.... and he didn’t seem to like the guest critic. Very rude man.

He was downright ignorant to the guest critic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Has the production values really dropped on this show?

deisemum wrote: »
    He was downright ignorant to the guest critic.

I thought so too and Rachel seemed to be very aware of this and uncomfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A lot of the diners are trying to be uppity tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Who was celeb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Who is the pastry chef with the massive norks?

honeybear wrote: »
    Who was celeb?

Nuala Carey,

The guests critic was a guy called Aidan McGrath. His pub was the first to get a Michelin star in Ireland.

Watching this on catch-up, pretty boring food for the first 2 eps anyway, supermarket Clonakilty black pudding and a fried egg as a starter was particularly bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Pastry chef with rack?

Guests look entertaining tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

This is the first series I’ve watched each week. Next week should be gas with Mary Coughlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Who is the pastry chef with the massive norks?

Is it Louise Lennox?

I just saw that The Restaurant is back this year and seems to be sponsored by O'Donnell's crisps.
    Judges are Rachel Allen, and Marco Pierre White and will by in The courtyard Restaurant in Donneybrook.
    You can apply for tickets with this link.

https://visionindependent.submit.com/#/guest/apply_login/10

Maura Derrane
    is one of the guests in the up coming series!

Is anybody watching this.

I find some of the guests hard stomach especially the woman with the guy wearing the black braces!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I find some of the guests hard stomach especially the woman with the guy wearing the black braces!

Watched about 20 minutes and had to switch it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Shes full of sh1t, pretentious snobs, how does somebody get asked onto this show anyway

Shes full of sh1t, pretentious snobs, how does somebody get asked onto this show anyway

You apply for tickets.

I'm almost certain the guy with her was on kids TV and does those videos on YouTube where people try food from around the World!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

2* was harsh

• Advertisement

Didnt know it was back, did they advertise it at all?

Advertisement