Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt know it was back, did they advertise it at all?

A fair bit!
    I think it was recorded back in March/April!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,442 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pjohnson wrote: »
    2* was harsh

yep very harsh thought it was an interesting menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

If I ever get to the point where I'm too old to eat a Sundae or it's beneath me, feel free to shoot me!

Marco Pierre White is probably too big of a personality, the other two judges seemed afraid to step out of line at times. He's probably too big of a food snob too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tvercetti wrote: »
    If I ever get to the point where I'm too old to eat a Sundae or it's beneath me, feel free to shoot me!

Marco Pierre White is probably too big of a personality, the other two judges seemed afraid to step out of line at times. He's probably too big of a food snob too.

Didnt Tom Doorley say Marco more or less bullied him off appearing on the show, apparently Marco was constantly sneering at him on and off camera because he hates food critics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Odd though that Rachel when the desert was served said ‘ it’s Una Healy’ These deserts are Sundaes and then said - too late - she was with the Saturday’s. Obvious she knew.

And Marco put the spice bag chips aside like they were poison. Asked if they had spice bags in England, replied no as if it were beneath them.

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    Odd though that Rachel when the desert was served said ‘ it’s Una Healy’ These deserts are Sundaes and then said - too late - she was with the Saturday’s. Obvious she knew.

Una's dessert was called.
    ''Tipp-Top of the Pops Sundae''

There's a chance she may have figured it out then. I think a lot would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’ve been a fan of The Restaurant since the start but I feel Marco Pierre White and his gigantic ego is destroying the programme.

I must admit I used to be a big fan of the man. I was actually besotted and bought his auto biography - White Slave and all his cookery books. I loved his moody, sexy ways and all his BS “Mother Nature is the true artist” lines.

However, the love faded fast when the man who once convinced me that you had boil chicken bones for hours to make a decent stock started flogging Knorr Stock Cubes.

The problem with MPW is he has become arrogant and very rude. Other judges seem reluctant to disagree with him - they’re like nodding puppies. I want someone to challenge him and call him out on his BS. Philippe Farineau, Head Chef at Ashford Castle was a judge this week, he is a very talented chef. MPW must have felt threatened by him as he insulted the guy by asking him if he could cook as well as the guest chef, Hugh Wallace.

I miss Paolo Tullio, the show has lost its magic since Paolo’s untimely death. I used to slag off Tom Doorley, I never rated him as a wine expert but he was entertaining in his own way. I sort of wish The Restaurant died with Paolo (RIP).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Never liked it since Paolo died and it was taken out of the Wineport in Glasson and became the Ballsbridge Restaurant sponsored by Marco's ego.

Maura Derrane is on this week and she got on
    good well she sounded happy with it a few months ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James sure loves seaweed

I thought Marco was very rude with Kevin Dundon, ignoring his opinion, treating him like he wasn't there, he is awful :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Maura Derrane is on this week and she got on
    good well she sounded happy with it a few months ago!
    Fair play to Maura Derrane, she did very well. I just can’t help thinking that she got a few cookery lessons or menu suggestions from one of the many chefs that appear on her afternoon TV show.

New series will feature feture Devin Toner in the first episode followed by Demi Isaac Oviawe from The Young Offenser, and then Gary O'Donovan, , Philly McMahon, Doireann Garrihy and Deirdre O'Kane.

It will start Tuesday 27th at 9pm on Virgin Media 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Marco Pierre White is a blight on this programme. I doubt the COVID gap has mollified his ego in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be a Christmas special on tonight

Advertisement