Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE11 - Ask the Candidate - Justin Collery

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Looking at the options and outcomes, I reckon to get Justin in, he needs every first preference going. 2nd prefs aren't going to do enough.

Ladies n Gentlemen, you know what to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Trotter wrote: »
    Looking at the options and outcomes, I reckon to get Justin in, he needs every first preference going. 2nd prefs aren't going to do enough.

I don't see it happening to be honest Trotter but you're correct in that the only way it can happen is with first preferences to keep him in long enough to get transfers from other independents and small party candidates going out before him. It would be the shock of the election if he was to get in with such a late declaration, a self-funded campaign and no prior public profile. But best of luck Justin. Fair play for giving it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Justin Collery

He was referring to the lower rate of VAT that they plan to reduce from 13.5% to 12%. At the same time Fine Gael will be increasing the standard rate of VAT from 21% to 22% and 23% in 2012 and 2013 (or in 2013 and 2014, can't remember).

It has be to be lower rate as the FF government signed away our standard VAT rate to the EU/IMF as part of the bailout deal.
    Trotter wrote: »

In one. You must urge as many people as possible to vote for Justin Collery no. 1. It's like getting two votes for the price of one. If I get enough votes to get elected, then great, we'll start getting jobs for Waterford and Ireland on the road to recovery. If I don't, your second preference counts as a full vote and is transferred to the candidate of your choice, so you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If has been a fantastic couple of weeks, some of the best ever, the weekend will be fantastic also. If any of you are there, come over and say hello. With luck we can keep this thread active for the next 5 years!

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks and regards,
    Justin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just in Case I forget in the meantime Justin I'll just quickly wish you luck tomorrow. I for one apprciate you using the fourm here (very frequently it must be noted) and answering some pretty hard questions along the way. I genuinely hope there is a bit of an upset and you get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »
    Just in Case I forget in the meantime Justin I'll just quickly wish you luck tomorrow. I for one apprciate you using the fourm here (very frequently it must be noted) and answering some pretty hard questions along the way. I genuinely hope there is a bit of an upset and you get in.

Seconded! You'll be getting my #1 vote anyway.

Don't be a stranger after the vote. There are plenty of issues to be discussed all year long and they could be useful to you for your next campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

How long do you think the next government will last before the Taoiseach will have to go to the Aras to have it disolved. I feel that Enda will want to be in bed with labour before the independents if he does not get a majority, and could feel that they could offer more stabability that the Independents could offer and he may also be afraid a few more Jackie Healy-Rae's and Michael Lowery's might be elected and wont want to rely on them for support. I ask because the two parties are poles apart on a number of issues, which maybe agreement may be found inilitially, but the two parties may want to go back on these agreements as time goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Would also like to wish you luck tomorrow ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm also giving you my #1. Best of luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYfZXLQ2BrVSPl1VZCC6rrd_HaeBHfGPfsAncobG8zzenQ81lA&t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Justin, thanks for engaging with Boards.ie - it says a lot for you.

Question: what direction should the country's energy policy take in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Number one from me Justin and I will get you eight or ten more, break a leg

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You have my number 1 also Justin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Hi Justin,

Just like to say I have read this thread and am impressed with your honest answers and agree with most of your arguments. Before today I had not heard of you but will certainly consider giving you my vote tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Same here Justin ... really hope people vote with their brains and do the right thing ..... we are crying out for fresh face with fresh ideas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Okay, I think we will end things here now to allow people get their thoughts together and stop the canvassing :)

With thanks to Justin for participating here on Boards, and on a personal level thanks for participating in the WIT Debate. Its a shame others couldn't campaign online here also, or Boards in general, but I understand they just want to use the time to campaign on the doors etc. which is fair enough.

Best of luck tomorrow and in the future regardless of what the end result is. :)

Topic Closed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just bumping this thread for those interested, but the WIT Political Society have invited Justin to have a talk on campus this Tuesday.

For more, see: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71503775&postcount=8

All are welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement