Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor SGS-New contract not signed properly, anyway out of it?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I bought the phone instore a couple of days ago and just got a call to say that I didn't sign one of the contracts properly and they are sending it back out as I won't be in the city for awhile so I was going to post it back.

I don't suppose I have any hope of being able to keep the phone and getting out of contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'm pretty sure they'd go after you if you tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope, by using the service, you agree to the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

It's just a paper formality. Using the service is contracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The contract has to be signed, the store will chase you for this.
    If for some reason you defaulted on the contract the network will still come after you as they have your photo id and probably proof of address which will be enough to take you to court.
    If you want out of the contract depending on which network it is you may have a cooling off period and can return the phone within the first 7 days. Mainly though they will only let you return the phone if there's a coverage issue and it's logged with technical support.

Go back and sign the form either way. If you want out of contract let the store know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Im pretty sure if you dont sign it the person you were dealing might get in some hot water and in this day and age its not really fair on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Great & thanks for the replies, I'm not really thinking of getting out of the contract, just chancing my arm really:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Id be the first to chance my arm and promote but a friend works in the phone business and if he didnt get a contract signed or whatever I know his employer would be fairly strict with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

loopymum wrote: »
    Great & thanks for the replies, I'm not really thinking of getting out of the contract, just chancing my arm really:D

:eek::eek:Loopy.............:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

:eek::eek:Loopy.............:(

I know I am really bold but I did say I was chancing my arm asking:)

I have to go to the big smoke Friday so I'm going to finish signing my life away then;)

Advertisement