Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor dish pick up

• 09-02-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi guys have an 80cm motor set up in cork city and pick up 13e, 28e, 19e, 30w but dont get 16e, im moving to a more rural area out toward blarney and im wondering would i pick 16e if i picked up a 88cm or am i still waisting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You might get some of the stronger transponders but the weaker ones will be unwatchable under most conditions.
    16e is a very weak bird and your arc needs to be spot on to receive it.
    I'm not far west of you and have a 1m dish.
    When my arc is spot on I get all the Digitalb transponders and Tring ,some of Total TV but if its any bit off most of them are unwatchable.
    88cm is borderline for good reception in my opinion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Don't even get a sniff with an 88cm dish in Kerry!

You'd need a 1m or better i'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

dont forget 16 east is now 15.8east in position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭swoofer

hi, what lnb are you using for a start and did you set up motor on 8west? Also the trick with 16e is to tweak the lnb on 16east after set up is done. I would get a 1.1m triax, its not 1.1 really but good. I have a 1 metre gibertini going spare, its very light as well. I use an OLD TRIAX 1.10M it is bigger but heavy AND GOOD, however I use it with a BLACK ULTRA QUAD and the difference is amazing. I am in clare.

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

On the ball guys, Ya got a 1.1m triax fitted today and 16 is grand aswell now, but noticed on 0.8w the canal+film hd says tune failed so does the premier league hd chanels but every other channel seems great in an around 80 - 90% on the meter. Anyone else experience this, must be on a weak transponder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

sitja wrote: »
    On the ball guys, Ya got a 1.1m triax fitted today and 16 is grand aswell now, but noticed on 0.8w the canal+film hd says tune failed so does the premier league hd chanels but every other channel seems great in an around 80 - 90% on the meter. Anyone else experience this, must be on a weak transponder.

Yes its on the K1 beam. You wont get them unless you live further east. I dont get a sniff of them this far west on a 1.1m. In good weather the EPL channels come in, but never the Canal+ sport/Film HD channels

so my set up should be ok, not worth messing with for the sake of a couple of questions.

ah ha, well done, good old triax and yes those transponders have been weakened quite a lot if you look at foot print here you will see you would need a bigger dish

http://www.telenorsbc.com/templates/Page.aspx?id=649

but I lost them as well and got them back by switching to the inverto black ultra. And as you say its not worth it now. what lnb are you using?

gb--

thanks bud, using a triax quad lnb aswell

thats a good fit for the dish but if you ever need to replace lnb keep this one in mind

Inverto Black IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP quad. There are a few but this is the real deal.

Mind you I should have said receiver plays a part as well. I use a spider at the moment.

Also the prem tv is also on 10east now as BISS and a very strong signal.

gb-

• Advertisement

Appreciate that bud, im using a dm800.

Hi once again, having quite a bad day now today, all of a sudden i lost EVERYTHING! Im really not sure whats going on.. all the sats were coming through fine yesterday and now its all messed up, been at all day with no luck! my motor is also acting up (doesnt move some times) but basically a big issue that when we say i move the dish to 28.2 east it like over shoots an goes to around 30-35 degrees on the motor scale, its really strange and basically ever sat is doing this- any ideas on what could cause this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Hi once again, having quite a bad day now today, all of a sudden i lost EVERYTHING! Im really not sure whats going on.. all the sats were coming through fine yesterday and now its all messed up, been at all day with no luck! my motor is also acting up (doesnt move some times) but basically a big issue that when we say i move the dish to 28.2 east it like over shoots an goes to around 30-35 degrees on the motor scale, its really strange and basically ever sat is doing this- any ideas on what could cause this?
    This maybe the answer below:
    Appreciate that bud, im using a dm800.

Is the dm800 a clone? If you don't know, did you pay less than €400 for it. If so it is a clone.

The tuners in a clone are $hit ,really $hit. I had a clone and it would drive my motor when it felt like and only on a H polarity channel (higher voltage). I even repaced my motor think it was the fault. As soon as I fired my clone into the bin and bought a real box all my problems disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Has anyone tried to pickup Arabsat/Badr at 26 degrees East? I believe that it can be picked up reliably using about a one metre or 100cm/110cm dish? I heard that it has some general channels broadcast in English with some movie channels too and soccer. I think Watty receives it on his second larger dish if I remember correctly. I may get a larger dish myself in the near future for receiving it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I get MBC on 26 with triax 1.2 (really 1.1). 4 good movie channels and 4 good general channels but as for sport unless you like horse&trap racing and unknown football from KSA your outa luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

tomslick wrote: »
    I get MBC on 26 with triax 1.2 (really 1.1). 4 good movie channels and 4 good general channels but as for sport unless you like horse&trap racing and unknown football from KSA your outa luck.
    I take it that a 110cm Triax TD dish will work well for me here in Dublin? :) I doubt that a multi lnb bracket for the TD dishes would be able to pick it up?? I would also like to get Hotbird at 13.0 degrees E. I take it that it is just a bit to the left on a universal LNB holder, about four inches to the left approx from the holder attachment screwed in to the main LNB arm of the dish? I bought it off ebay for 6.99 for a Comag 80cm dish. I have Astra 19.2 E on a smaller 65cm dish also.

Advertisement