Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching Sky TV on Broadband and Usage

• 09-02-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I've just upgraded to the 8mb NGB from utv - which is great, and has meant that we can watch the likes of Sky sports on our laptop (legitimate connection).

On our current connection, there's a 20gb usage limit.

My hubbie had sports on all day sunday, and monday night, and we just looked up our usage, and its already 5gb (since start of feb.) Now, we can upgrade to either 40gb or unlimited, which is of course limited to 75gb.

What i'm wondering, is if we upgrade, is that enough usage to regularly watch the likes of sports and even sky movies online? Or will we find that after watching 2 movies and a few nights sports that our usage is through the roof?

We've signed up for a 12 month contract, so can't change to UPC (or any other provider for that matter.)

Advertisement