Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information on my gun

Options
  • 09-02-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

i have a shotgun and i would like to check its history, as in when it was made etc. is this possible and to find out previous owners etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

I have a Bettinsoli and was able to get the date of manufacture and spec. directly from the company. I doubt very much that you'd be able to get any info on previous owners though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

so you saY JUST TO CONTACT beretta website andd ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

ferrete wrote: »
    so you saY JUST TO CONTACT beretta website andd ask them

Yes, this is what I did with Bettinsoli. Give them the serial number and ask any tech question you need answered and i'd be very surprised if they can't answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

i have a shotgun and i would like to check its history, as in when it was made etc. is this possible and to find out previous owners etc

I hope not!

Knowing the names of previous owners could make it easier to for people to know where to break-in if they want to steal guns.

I understand from a lineage point of view, it would be interesting.

ok but just lik to no when my gun was made etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ok but just lik to no when my gun was made etc

All that is contained in teh serialnumber.

It's what a serial number is after all, a record of when it was made, by whom and sometimes even for who.

thats what i would like to find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

thats what i would like to find out

I used to set up serial numbers on a product.

letter was year, next two numbers were date and year next four letters were employee number

so H02114678; H=2000, 2nd Nov, employee 4678

Traceability (and someone to blame if product was faulty)

Advertisement