Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera and Kit Lost

• 09-02-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi Guy's
    I did an Incredibly Stupid thing this morning. I left my OLYMPUS E-450 with digital/OM lens Adaptor ,2xteleconverter and an OM 35-70mm Lens attached on a table in Starbucks Blanchardstown. I realised after 5 mins that I didn't have it and returned Immediately to the Store however it wasn't there and hadn't been handed in. If anyone hears of this camera for sale please pm me there is a reward offered for the recovery of this camera

thanks guy's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Did you ask for CCTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Definitely ask about CCTV in the store. Report it and I suppose, you're depending on some good luck for it to be handed in to a Cop station or for the thieves to trip up ... like trying to sell it on a public bridge or something.

Hope you get it back, lousy of whoever lifted it without turning it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Check in the camera centre, somebody might have handed it in there? Long shot but worth trying if its the Starbucks near the Camera Centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Got a call from starbucks today, they've got good CCTV of a guy taking the camera, they've passed it onto the Guards. so who knows

Got a call from starbucks today, they've got good CCTV of a guy taking the camera, they've passed it onto the Guards. so who knows

He has probably convinced himself he simply 'found it'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

JustinOval wrote: »
    He has probably convinced himself he simply 'found it'.

Yeah I know don't really know where I stand Legally

He stole it. Simple as that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have you been on to your insurance company about where you stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Contact that RTE show Crimecall......if your man can be identified they will love it.

I hate that kinda opportunistic crime...real gurrier stuff. I left a bag with camera, mobile phone and passport on a table in a Paris restaurant and an elderly French lady waited half an hour for me to come back and claim it. I will remember the surge of adrenalin when I realised I hadn't got it, forever, almost got sick.

Whatever you do, don't give up on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

You poor thing. You must have been sick! I hope they can identify him from the footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

He stole your property. Its not really any less clear cut than if you were still at the table. If he was trying to return it he should have handed it in to Starbucks or the guards.

Advertisement