Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junkies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

What's the difference anyway between heroin junkies getting out of their heads and others getting mashed out of their minds on alcohol and trashing the place. What's the difference between Dublin's junkies and Moscow's pissheads or Australia's aborigines locked out of their heads? You want them all rounded up and put into the gas chambers as well?

People never seem to want to rationally approach a problem. They seem to think "round 'em up and murder them en masse" is a clever answer. I don't know if they well and truly believe the genocide approach is the answer but even suggesting it is just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Move them to the Dublin forum.
    Done

Seriously Mods, we don't want it.
    Oops, sorry - too late. Pls lock or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Funkfield wrote: »
    Whoa there, lay off the whisky, Pol Pot!

Junkies are people too!

I think its a great idea.A soft handed approach doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'd play this to them on loop until they learned the error of their way.

Word up G-dawg. *snort*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Move them to Hamsterdam.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    Actually Afganistan has quite a significant heroin problem with around 10% of the population addicted to opium.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Afhan-ireland, emm cant really compare the two can we? And irregardless of how the problem with junkies is dealt with over seas i think we should deal with them as we see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Plug wrote: »
    If I ever found out I was terminally ill I'd go on a killing spree taking out as much junkies and knackers as possible. Thats how much I hate the bastards!

If I ever found out I was terminally ill id do heroin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Do what they did in Cypress creek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

sounded like a pair of them were shagging outside my office a while ago...a lot of them around this area, often screaming on the street at each other. Nice the way it's full of tourists too, tourism Dublin/Ireland where are you?

What's the difference anyway between heroin junkies getting out of their heads and others getting mashed out of their minds on alcohol and trashing the place. What's the difference between Dublin's junkies and Moscow's pissheads or Australia's aborigines locked out of their heads? You want them all rounded up and put into the gas chambers as well?

People never seem to want to rationally approach a problem. They seem to think "round 'em up and murder them en masse" is a clever answer. I don't know if they well and truly believe the genocide approach is the answer but even suggesting it is just plain stupid.

I don't see drunk people lurking around the streets looking for any opportunity to steel to feed their habits,do you honestly see little difference between a drunk person and a junkie? do you even leave your house?

As mentioned earlier,why not just lock them up for a few months and clear their systems out,then try give them a chance at rehab a slight hard handed approach but it has whats best for the people in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

pawrick wrote: »
    sounded like a pair of them were shagging outside my office a while ago...a lot of them around this area, often screaming on the street at each other. Nice the way it's full of tourists too, tourism Dublin/Ireland where are you?

Its the guards fault...they know whats going on but they turn a blind eye to it...they dont want the hassle of busting junkies so they go for softer targets.
    They'd much rather bust some middle-class hippy bloke for having a joint in his hand and getting him a criminal conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

pawrick wrote: »
    sounded like a pair of them were shagging outside my office a while ago

Heroin addicts tend to be impotent

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Degsy wrote: »
    Its the guards fault...they know whats going on but they turn a blind eye to it...they dont want the hassle of busting junkies so they go for softer targets.
    They'd much rather bust some middle-class hippy bloke for having a joint in his hand and getting him a criminal conviction.

I did see gardai arresting two junkies at the corner of Marlbourgh and Middle Abbey street last week. Having said that, I walk this way a lot and it's the first time I've ever seen this happen around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Whoa there, lay off the whisky, Pol Pot!

Junkies are people too!

I think its a great idea.A soft handed approach doesnt work.

It is at times like these that I wish there was a sarcasm font.

It is at times like these that I wish there was a sarcasm font.

You should go start a thread about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

drdeadlift wrote: »
    You should go start a thread about it

I don't think it would accomplish anything.

If i started it in AH it'd probably get moved to the Dublin Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LOCKED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement