Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing my twitter stream via php

• 09-02-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to access the tweets of everyone I'm following in php. I thought I had it sorted by adding everyone I was following to a list and using - http://twiterlist2rss.appspot.com/ to convert that list to RSS, then parsed it with php - sorted, or so I thought!

Unfortunately twiterlist2rss goes up and down like a lady of the nights under garment !! ;-) It seems to be over quota more often than not so I could go hours getting retrieving nothing.

Does any one know of examples of alternative ways to do this?

I'm finding loads of ways of retrieving your own tweets or searching for a specific hash tag but nothing to access the stream of the people you are following..

Any help really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

So you want twitter but on your own site?

Something makes me think Twitter would be against people being able to do this as it gets you away from their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Just keep in mind that to access a feed like that, you'll need to register with Twitter to get an app id and use OAuth to sign into Twitter on your PHP page.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sophiekearns

Thanks guys, you were spot on! However I was able to find a handier way by streaming a list using yahoo pipes... saved me th hassle of having to register with twitter and all that!

Advertisement