Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Soccer Indoor 5 a Side League - Teams Wanted

Options
  • 09-02-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

New Indoor Soccer 5 A Side League starting at Tennis Village, Model Farm Road, Cork on Thursday 3rd March. Proper run league with website for results and fixtures and qualified referees. Match times between 6pm and 10pm. €35 per week for squad of 7 players, €5 per night per night. Prizes and trophies for winners and player of tournament. Limited number of places available. Call 086 1728668 or email tennisvillage5aside@gmail.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Just thought I'd reply to this - my boyfriend and I just moved to Cork and he's desperate to find a team to play some indoor soccer with, so if anyone is short any players to make up a team for this league pm me and i'll pass on his number. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

i played there a couple of times and knees and ankles sore after the surface and very poor for safety wit the steel cages,pieces hangin off.overall not a pleasant experience.
    but only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Yea the pitches there arent great! They are smaller than normal as well so id say at max its 5aside even 4aside is ok.Not worth it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Is this mens/ladies/mixed?? What's the website for more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tennis Village 5aside

Hi P, This is a mens 5 a side league. There will be 8 teams with each season lasting for 7 weeks. League basis with trophy and medals for the winner and runners up, player of the tournament and leading goal scorer. The fixtures will be set every week in advance based on the time most suited by your team. Qualified refs so it will be semi serious with the main reason being a game of ball in out of the rain and wind. These pitches are 100% safe so dont know what dazzler is on about. The fixtures, league table and scorers will be on http://tennisvillage5aside.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?league=6119389
    once we get under way. If you need anymore info give me a shout on tennisvillage5aside@gmail.com, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

cheers for the info....wont be taking part myself due to my gender :D but I do know a few lads who might be interested.
    Best of luck!

Advertisement